600 Mile trip

Nicole

So after a very long week at work I asked and received permission from a friend to drop my dog off Thursday night so i could go riding Friday. The original plan was to ride from home (port st lucie) to the keys and stay the night. However when I got there it was just not long enough. so I turned around after having lunch at Craig's Restaurant and headed up to bug a long time friend in Sebring, FL I am now home in Port St Lucie, Fl and quite pleased with myself.

I have complete confidence in riding 500 miles in one day now:cool:. I have relearned why I bought the riding gear I did :doh1:(didn't use it this trip and i swear the inseams from my jeans are permanently impressed on my legs):doh1:. I have also learned that I get better gas mileage with the windscreen down than with it up and that this might cause the "generous" mpg readings that the bike puts out. I fully remember why I so thoroughly dislike riding anywhere near Miami:mad1:.

All in all yesterday was an awesome day for me. I hope everyone gets one like it in the near future.:cool:

Congratulations on a long ride, Nicole. But I hate to break the news that the windshield position has nothing to do with optomistic mileage readings. You really will get better mileage with the screen down all the way, but not much different. Whatever you do, the instant reading and the cumulative readings are going to be 3-5 mpg higher than calculated reality.

Phil,

I have found that my average mpgs are accurate with the screen down with a + or - 2 error rate. this may change as the bike ages. I think the computer looks at rpms, has a mapping of how much gas is used per spray of injector and then does the math. to me this makes sense as to why there is a variance. but then again I know nothing about what I am talking about; other than my mpg's are as stated before.

Great to hear!

Ext time you go to Sebring stop at the inn on the lake, its a beautiful hotel with a nice bar and you can eat outside in a beautiful setting.

Also, the rides out there an be real nice if you know where to go.

BTW, how was the vibration?

NICOLE, THATS A REAL FUN AND WARM RIDE IN JANUARY. A RIDE I WOULD LIKE TO DO SOMETIME:turtle:. IN THE KEYS WHERE WATER IS ON BOTH SIDES OF YOU, LIKE MY RIDE A FEW YEARS AGO ON NORTH CAROLINA'S OUTERBANKS :shower1::fish1:

@loonytuna after some one was kind enough to post a link to a site that shows you the posture you take while riding. So I tried a few different positions and found one that works. The hard part is unlearning the one i got use to on my last bike and have ridden in for the last 3 years. Thanks for the tip.

Back
Top Bottom