76º - December 15th

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Yesterday was a warm, mild but exceedingly windy day. This ties the record warmth in 1948. I had a chance to go for a putt and enjoy the balmy weather. I headed off north and was enjoying the ride immensely until I changed my direction to the west. Wow, what a difference! The winds were from the south at about 20 mph with gusts to 45 and 50mph. The moment I pointed Travellers nose to the west I knew my ride would be cut short, as my intended route was about 30 miles almost due west along the flat bottomland along the Missouri river. Immediately, I was leaning steadily to the left as I countered the steady winds but the gusts were strong and unpredictable. I continued a few miles and decided that any enjoyment I would derive from the warm ride would be overcome dealing with the gusty conditions, so sadly, I turned around and headed home. Many times during my long safaris I have had to deal with gusty conditions but since this was just a pleasure ride I opted to forego further travel.

Mike

RedBird

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 F800ST, 1973 R75/5
Very high winds here in Colorado also. Plus - it was trash and recycle pickup day. The winds blew over the trash and recycle carts. The trash carts had bags inside, not so for the recycle carts. I had wrapping paper, cardboard, beer cans, glass jars and bottles (some broken) and then the carts themselves all over my property. I managed to get most of it picked up and back into the carts (my neighbors carts from across the street) and the carts secured against my fence. Now I had to watch for the recycle and trash trucks. So I could get the carts out to the street for them. It was way too windy for riding!!

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
Very high winds here in Colorado also. Plus - it was trash and recycle pickup day. The winds blew over the trash and recycle carts. The trash carts had bags inside, not so for the recycle carts. I had wrapping paper, cardboard, beer cans, glass jars and bottles (some broken) and then the carts themselves all over my property. I managed to get most of it picked up and back into the carts (my neighbors carts from across the street) and the carts secured against my fence. Now I had to watch for the recycle and trash trucks. So I could get the carts out to the street for them. It was way too windy for riding!!
You're on a BMW now... don't you have a crew for that now?

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
"...You're on a BMW now... don't you have a crew for that now?.. :rofl1:

It was in the high-50s early this morning with moderate to heavy winds. The temps have risen a few degrees now and the wind continues, plus we have light rain. I rode yesterday and it was windy in the PM but am not riding today because I have plenty of "round tu-it" winter projects to get done.

Last edited:
OP
OP
mikesim

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
You're on a BMW now... don't you have a crew for that now?
Go easy on him Mellow, he is still learnin' all the tricks of BMW ownership... Why he probably ain't perfected snobbish yet either!

:rofl1:

Mike

OP
OP
mikesim

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Camaro!!!! <gasp!!!!> When you defect to the dark side, you don't fool around, do you?

Mike

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
Camaro!!!! <gasp!!!!> When you defect to the dark side, you don't fool around, do you?
There are very few convertible choices now days...especially American brands. After numerous Mustangs it was time for a change....and I hadn't owned a Camaro since my 1977 Camaro LT.

external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg

Well, that's different, that's just plain crazy! :oops:
This coming from a guy who traded a Yamaha for a BMW... 🙄 :rofl1:

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
There are very few convertible choices now days...especially American brands. After numerous Mustangs it was time for a change....and I hadn't owned a Camaro since my 1977 Camaro LT.

external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg

This coming from a guy who traded a Yamaha for a BMW... 🙄 :rofl1:
Well, Honda-to-Honda-to-Honda-to-Honda-to-Honda-to-Honda-to-Yamaha-to-Suzuki-to-Yamaha-to-Yamaha-to-BMW......

Top Bottom