77 miles on her, I need some soft grips

Bike
2011 NT700v
Hi

I'd like a little advice. Of the soft grips that pull over the handlebar, which one adds the most padding?

I've read on here there's a couple different ones out there. What's your preference

My use is S Florida tropical and I want to dampen the vibration a bit, increase the diameter and not get sweat mold.

Appreciate any thoughts you may have.

Thanks

fltsfshr

Bike
2010 Red NT700
fltsfshr

Also if you don't already have one, spend $10 on a 'crampbuster'. That coupled with grip puppies relieved all my numbing issues

Rob

Bike
2010 Silver NT700V
they may also go by the name grab-on grips here in the usa...i think grip puppies is a uk brand? same thing either way, those and the crampbuster will run you about $10 each.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
Grab On? Grip Covers foam grips are what I used...be advised they do significantly increase the grip diameter. See my review Here for the details. I have used them in the Southeast for years and never had a mold issue...

OP
OP
fltsfshr
Bike
2011 NT700v
Thanks Guys

I think I'm going to try the grabons. I've already noticed a reduction in vibration. It's either breaking in a little bit or I am. :)

I do want a wider diameter. I'll keep playing until I'm happy. I like being comfortable.

Appreciate your help.

fltsfshr

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
I had the grab-ons from MCL on mine for almost 6000 miles. I felt they were too thick, so I cut them off. It took me less than 100 miles to realize that too thick was much more comfortable than too skinny. I find the stock diameter is just too small for me. I also did this right before the spearfish trip, so I was trying to figure out what to do before I left. I was at drug store and happened to find myself in the isle that had canes and walkers. I found some apothocary velcro grips that are designed to help with the grips for walkers and canes. I bought a set and tried them out. It turned out they were more comfortable than the grab-ons. Just the right diameter for me. However, it only took two short rides to realize they weren't going to stay on for any long rides. The velcro wasn't doing it, and the throttle grip especially just moved around too much. Since I was desperate for something and about to leave for spearfish I put them on as tight as I could with then secured them with two zip ties. Worked great for the spearfish trip and I still have them on the bike that way! Sure they look a little ghetto, and I keep telling myself that someday I would buy something better, but I am amazed how well they have held up (4 months and 3000 miles!).

Top Bottom