88' Hawk GT

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
Was out riding this morning before the temps got too hot and ran into another rider on a 88 Honda Hawk GT. I had heard about these, but this was the first one I had seen in person. Really cool bike. For those that don't know the hawk has a very similar frame and engine to the NT. I forgot to take a photo, but it was neat seeing the frame and the engine and imagining what the NT would look like "nekkid". Looks like really cool bike and sounded much better than my stock NT too. Carburetor and chain drive and might have a shorter wheel base (shorter seat too). It looked like it would a lot of fun on a twisty road.

I think if I found one cheap enough in good condition it would make a fun bike to have. I bet it would be cheap on insurance and tags. This guy said his was only 1300, but his had a beat up tank.

Bike
2010 NT700V, 2015 CB500X
I watch most of the Nt650 Hawk GT's in ebay and look for local ones in craigslist just to see what's out there for sale. The other 52 degree vtwin Honda I'm looking for is the 83-84 Ascot vt500ft. It's water cooled, shaft drive and a 6 speed, but was a tubular frame. Imagine that, a 6 speed on a Honda V-twin.....someone here would surely like that. Both old Honda V-twins are interesting....just waiting for the right one to get my attention.

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
Will the exhaust of any of those fit the NT?

After changing the rear tire again I am getting tired of that big, heavy muffler. Besides the almost horrible sound it makes.

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
The Hawk GT is nice bikes but I would rather have the NTV650 Revere that was pretty much the same as the Hawk excpept it had shaft drive. Unfortunately I think they were only sold in Europe. It was the forerunner to the Deauville.

Frosty

Site Supporter
Bike
2020 Triumph 900GT
The other 52 degree vtwin Honda I'm looking for is the 83-84 Ascot vt500ft. It's water cooled, shaft drive and a 6 speed, but was a tubular frame. Imagine that, a 6 speed on a Honda V-twin.....someone here would surely like that. Both old Honda V-twins are interesting....just waiting for the right one to get my attention.
Dan,

I bought this 1983 VT500C in 1984 (recent photo) and still own. It is totally original. It has the same motor/drive train as the VT500FT. The 1984 (491 cc/ 49 HP) lost a couple of HP due to emissions. The motor has 3 valves and two spark plugs per cylinder. I thought the NT motor would be similar, but the VT motor seems to have more torque or at least at a much lower rpm. It is a fun bike to ride, not necessarily for any distance (at my age). Oh yeah, I still look for 6th gear on the NT.

Attachments

Top Bottom