A small personal note....

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Today I had double hernia surgery. (Discovered Hernia on the 17th of May.) Things went well and I am at home with the good drugs. They now place a tube about the size of an NT radiator hose down your throat after they knock you out and my throat is a bit irritated so I drink lots of water. Pain isnt really bad with lapracope...so far. I am cleared to drive in a few days when I get off the Oxycodone 5 mg tablets and wont be lifting anything heavy, which I shouldnt anyway due to my back which is 90 percent back to normal after yet another injury in February. Talking with many fine friends who have had this as well as my doc, in two weeks I will be mostly recovered. Walking is good, thankfully. Love to walk. Never got to talk with the surgeon post op so dont know if he used mesh on only the buldged side or both sides.

I see nothing that will stop me from going to the rally. Since the Quigley Buff shoot is off the table for me, I plan on arriving at the rally on Wednesday and leaving Sat or Sun. Probably Sat. Not sure which bike to take so when I can ride, I will try the VFR and XT.

Going to take things a bit easier and slower from now on.
Stay well! God bless our medical people and the people who came up with Oxycodone 5 mg.
Reallly looking forward to seeing the usual suspects at the rally
Chris

Holy Cow! I've never had a hernia, but it had to be painful. I'm impressed that you can get back to activity that quickly. Hope you heal quickly and make it to Spearfish. Ken and I will head for the Big Horns on Saturday.

Holy Cow! I've never had a hernia, but it had to be painful. I'm impressed that you can get back to activity that quickly. Hope you heal quickly and make it to Spearfish. Ken and I will head for the Big Horns on Saturday.
I will be there...light surfing and light tennis and jogging allowed in week 2. Alchohol allowed tomorrow! And walking is encouraged! Luckily, the small one was pain free and easy to fix. The one on the 17th of May had some discomfort but I designed a brace to hold my guts in. Some on the web are "go to the ER NOW" Some people put off the little ones to the slow months. . 25 percent of men get these, and many dont know they have them. My friend John was told after a full body scan he had two but elected to not get them fixed at this time. They were able to fix both mine though two little holes. I would put up pics but Mellow would not like that....
Chris

Glad you got successfully repaired. You’ll be “good as before” but sadly not good as new. We just have to deal with whatever life deals us.

Regarding Quigley, I have some friends and neighbors who are going this year. Among them are the parents of the young pilot who was killed last February in that Velocity V Twin crash. The parents are going to get a ride in an A10 from their deceased son’s unit.

Heal quickly my friend. Walking is just about the best exercise (for those of us who don’t swim).
Most importantly, get off the OxyCodone as soon as possible. My dad got hooked for years after major back surgery. Very bad situation.
Hope to see you in 3 weeks!

Thanks guys. Day two. A bit sore but today I am ditching the oxycodone and going to ibuprofen and Tylenol.
"No driving or motorcycling or ATVs or power tools for a few days. Amazing what they can do with just two little holes."

The two holes were higher than I thought. Belly button and then one a couple inches below that. They both have about a 1/2 inch square of special tape over them.
Surgeon didnt have time to see me after I woke up so I got a nurse who wasnt there in the OR. I see him on the 16th. I suspect that he knows I am the type of guy with a hundred questions.
My throat irritation from the breathing tube is very low and I can pee again. Life is good so far on this op. knock on wood.

Ref: Yoda. It is so sad about so many people getting hooked on Oxy. Even if I had had it when I injured my back in February, I think the three ibu tablets three times a day would have been my choice. Oxy does make you sleep. I have had oxy 3 times in my life...off of it always in a day or two....I asked my doc, "How can people get hooked on this stuff?" And she said, "YOU really need it when you take it." 13 oxys left if things get worse. My friends who have had this surgery say the first 3 days are the stiffest.

My days of taking down 16 trees, and stacking the rounds, are over.... this back episode lasted till May.... longest in 20 years....Learned my lesson.
Pray for the wildland firefighters for me , Phil....high winds and hot temps over the next few days....there is one already in the gorge.

A special note of thanks to Frosty. He backed me up every inch of the way should my "interesting" wife have had issues dropping me off, picking up the meds, and picking me up. Its good to have a good friend.

Chris, glad you had Frosty as a backup! He is a good friend to have.

I'm glad you're off the oxy! When I had my first five knees done, I was given 30 tabs and the instructions said something like, "Take 1 or 2 tabs as needed for pain; repeat every 4-6 hours as needed." Plus, I could get refills when I "needed" them. After my first (bilateral) replacement, I took oxy for 2 1/2 months, and still had it. After my 3rd and 4th knees, I took it for over 5 months and then decided I didn't need it and just quit. Then one Saturday night, I finished my sermon writing and went to bed. At 5am I still hadn't gotten to sleep. I'd moved to the living room and was just sitting in my recliner jerking and twitching when I thought that if I were an alcoholic trying to dry out, this is how I'd feel if I had the DTs. I got on my computer and checked for symptoms of oxy withdrawal. I think I had 9 out of 13. At church I asked my primary care doc to talk to me after the service. I told him what was going on and he said, "You just quit? How long ago?" It had been 10 days. He told me that I shouldn't have tried to go cold turkey, but it was nearly out of my system and there was no reason to take any more; it would be gone in a couple of more days. I didn't sleep Sunday night, slept a little longer on Monday night, but on Tuesday night I really slept well. With my next two knee surgeries and with my hand surgery, I never took more than one at a time and I quit within a week to 10 days.

I sure hope you guys get through the fire season. We're starting to have high temps but so far not high winds at the same time. We also have had one of the wettest springs in history on the east side of the Continental Divide. SW Colorado is even drier than it was last year. Higher temps and less precipitation are putting a lot of people in danger of running out of water and being devastated by mega-fires. In the mid-90s, about 8 of my friends and I would go to Lake Powell for 4-5 days the 2nd week after Easter and rent a house boat. I'd drive the boat and do a little bit of study while some of the guys got their sermon planning for the whole year done (I've never been able to do sermon planning very far ahead. As one comic strip character told his wife, "I'm a procastinator. There aren't any amateurs in this business."). Today we'd be hard pressed to take even a canoe to a lot of the places where we spent the night back then. Lake Powell, Lake Mead, and all the lakes in California are going away.

Chris, glad you had Frosty as a backup! He is a good friend to have.

I'm glad you're off the oxy! When I had my first five knees done, I was given 30 tabs and the instructions said something like, "Take 1 or 2 tabs as needed for pain; repeat every 4-6 hours as needed." Plus, I could get refills when I "needed" them. After my first (bilateral) replacement, I took oxy for 2 1/2 months, and still had it. After my 3rd and 4th knees, I took it for over 5 months and then decided I didn't need it and just quit. Then one Saturday night, I finished my sermon writing and went to bed. At 5am I still hadn't gotten to sleep. I'd moved to the living room and was just sitting in my recliner jerking and twitching when I thought that if I were an alcoholic trying to dry out, this is how I'd feel if I had the DTs. I got on my computer and checked for symptoms of oxy withdrawal. I think I had 9 out of 13. At church I asked my primary care doc to talk to me after the service. I told him what was going on and he said, "You just quit? How long ago?" It had been 10 days. He told me that I shouldn't have tried to go cold turkey, but it was nearly out of my system and there was no reason to take any more; it would be gone in a couple of more days. I didn't sleep Sunday night, slept a little longer on Monday night, but on Tuesday night I really slept well. With my next two knee surgeries and with my hand surgery, I never took more than one at a time and I quit within a week to 10 days.

I sure hope you guys get through the fire season. We're starting to have high temps but so far not high winds at the same time. We also have had one of the wettest springs in history on the east side of the Continental Divide. SW Colorado is even drier than it was last year. Higher temps and less precipitation are putting a lot of people in danger of running out of water and being devastated by mega-fires. In the mid-90s, about 8 of my friends and I would go to Lake Powell for 4-5 days the 2nd week after Easter and rent a house boat. I'd drive the boat and do a little bit of study while some of the guys got their sermon planning for the whole year done (I've never been able to do sermon planning very far ahead. As one comic strip character told his wife, "I'm a procastinator. There aren't any amateurs in this business."). Today we'd be hard pressed to take even a canoe to a lot of the places where we spent the night back then. Lake Powell, Lake Mead, and all the lakes in California are going away.
We just had the second driest spring in history (missed out by .1 inch for first) and it was 93 yesterday....High winds coming
I just turned on the wildfire filter on my "MyRadar" app. I am afraid to zoom in and click on most of these but I did the Milepost 85 fire near the Dalles in the gorge and its now 130 acres. :(
fire.jpg

Hi Chris, glad you are doing well with the repairs. I'm one of the 25% and mine was not done with a lapracope. I'll see you in Spearfish!

Hi Chris, glad you are doing well with the repairs. I'm one of the 25% and mine was not done with a lapracope. I'll see you in Spearfish!
They say even now in some cases they have to fillet someone like a fish to get everything. Recovery is longer. Glad you made it!!!!!
I went onto google images and saw some really bad cases......dont go there......

You will be back to normal in no time. I had mine done on a Friday and was back to work Monday.

Mike

I'm just amazed at how quickly folks are back to normal activity after some of these laparoscopic procedure!

Back
Top Bottom