A stunning new Goose!

Moto-Kafe

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Red NT700V
ADV Rider posted the same article. I absolutely LOVE the looks of this Goozie, but reader's comments are not so flattering about getting parts ordered (6 month wait) and lack of dealer network.

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
Apparently their first liquid-cooled engine.

The small Euro makers have never been good about making what we call "service parts." They want every part they make to go onto a motorcycle that can be sold and that puts people needing parts in a real bind. :(

Bike
'83 BMW R100RS & 3 XS650s
ADV Rider posted the same article. I absolutely LOVE the looks of this Goozie, but reader's comments are not so flattering about getting parts ordered (6 month wait) and lack of dealer network.
Those issues (parts availability and cost) are what has stopped me from buying a Moto Guzzi - and the "renowned" reputation for reliability enjoyed by all Italian motor vehicles.....

Owning a bike (or a car - or anything for that matter) that is often broken and/or cannot be fixed easily just doesn't seem like that much fun to me.

Aside from those considerations, they truly are very pretty.

OP
OP
mikesim

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Yup, the lack of parts and reliability has kept me away from the Geese. I have also a fondness for the Royal Enfield Interceptor as well but I hesitate on the RE's for the same reasons. I have grown very comfy with Honda's in over 56 years of riding. I dallied with a BSA and Triumph but they led me back to Honda. I've had great success with Yammy's too!

Mike

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I really like the V85TT and this V1000. I'm not in the market for different bike, but I've always liked Geese. Back when I was riding my Connie, I'd take it to Wichita when Joanne drove back to see her sisters. There was a Honda/Moto Guzzi dealer there and I'd always make a point of going out to see Geese. They had a Norge when it was new and I liked it a lot. Now that we're here in Greeley, there's a Moto Guzzi/Royal Enfield dealer in Ft Collins. I like the REs and it sounds like they're a lot more reliable now.

But I'm OK with my NT for as long as I can ride.

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
Semi-related but I recall the CX500-CX650 series of Honda engines (crankshaft fore & aft) had the clutch in front and the alternator in back. The transmission was UNDER the engine so it resulted in a high center of gravity. In many ways, these were unusual engines for Honda.

Although the Japanese are generally shorter than Americans, the towering seat heights of modern, Japanese bikes means they are not designed for their domestic market! :)

Moto-Kafe

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Red NT700V
The new Goose pics, with those big "Jugs" hanging out ( :) ), reminds me of the Motus bikes of a few years ago, built right here in B'ham (but alas, are now no more). I know the Motus had a set of "Four Jugs", but it was very sexy (and muscular at the same time) IMO. The Goose (and Motus), is kinda like a SuperModel........beautiful to gaze upon, but I could never afford one and was satisfied with looking at them from a distance.......and"riding one" in my dreams only!!!

OP
OP
mikesim

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
The new Goose pics, with those big "Jugs" hanging out ( :) ), reminds me of the Motus bikes of a few years ago, built right here in B'ham (but alas, are now no more). I know the Motus had a set of "Four Jugs", but it was very sexy (and muscular at the same time) IMO. The Goose (and Motus), is kinda like a SuperModel........beautiful to gaze upon, but I could never afford one and was satisfied with looking at them from a distance.......and"riding one" in my dreams only!!!
Yeah, that MOTUS engine angled down as it was had a great deal of sex appeal to me. Were I a rich man, I would have owned one as I was really smitten by the design. I was very sorry to see them fail.

Mike

Bike
2010 Red NT700V
(Oh, BTW. I first looked at a Toyota truck...I absolutely could not believe how prices have exploded. $35k for a five-year-old, 110k miles, Tundra. Almost all of them are 4wd; and all of them are crew cabs, which I don't need. Six-foot beds are rare. Sure, they'll have value in 20 years; but you have to pay double the price to buy one new or lightly used. And gas mileage, surprisingly, is less than with the F150)
Here in Virginia, we have a personal property tax. Last year my GF bought her son a Tacoma truck, a used 2016 with 30K miles, and this year her property tax bill went UP due to the increased value of the truck. Which, in my mind, is a depreciating asset, but in this market, is actually worth more than she paid for it. I don't know what the fascination is with Toyota trucks. The 2004 Ford F-150 I bought in 2003 is still being driven by my daughter and has 200K miles and never has an issue. While my GF's son called a few weeks ago, stranded, and after the tow to the Toyota dealer, he was handed a bill for a $900 throttle body replacement. Of course... not covered under warranty.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
A little more news on the MG V100. I love the way it looks. But. I couldn't afford it. It's probably too heavy for me. Even though I've got a dealer within about 20 miles of me, I'd worry about them being able to get parts.

But it sure looks good.

1638130842741.png

Oh, BTW, it has active aerodynamics.

OP
OP
mikesim

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
A little more news on the MG V100. I love the way it looks. But. I couldn't afford it. It's probably too heavy for me. Even though I've got a dealer within about 20 miles of me, I'd worry about them being able to get parts.

But it sure looks good.

1638130842741.png

Oh, BTW, it has active aerodynamics.
I was awestruck by the pix. This is by far the best looking bike I have seen in a long time. The green/silver combo, the gold accents, water cooled, shaft drive, but I'll betcha that baby ain't cheap. The lack of dealers scares me as well. I guess I will be like Jimmy Carter and keep the lust in my heart....... no sexy Italian for me.

Mike

Top Bottom