Accessory plug location

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
Wow, did Honda hide that little white 4 pin connector for the accessory circuit well!

With the help of my lit inspection mirror I found the little guy securely tapped to the wiring harness running along the left side of the upper fairing frame rail. I could only see the very end of the capped off connector.

Fortunately, my hands aren't real big and I was able to unwrap the electrical tape securing the plug to the wiring harness. Also (again fortune smiled on me) I'm relatively familiar with Honda's various connectors. I was able to find the tab at the rear of the connector and depress it with my thumb and squeeze my other hand into the hole and pull the end cap off.

I was then able to plug in the accessory harness, tuck the 4pin connector up into the above connector boot and zip tie (both hands needed again) the accessory harness extension to the wiring harness. I'm now ready to wire in the heated grips. :cool:

I did this all with just the left fairing lid cover removed. If you have "average size" hands for a man, this will likely be a tall order without removing the left upper fairing :frown: unless you are real good with using 2 long hemostats blind. :eek1:

Nicole

Sounds like fun. I am gonna have to remember this when I decide to install things :D

Bike
2010 Red NT 700
I too found this sucker and have relatively small hands, however, NOT being familiar with Honda connectors at the time(I am now) I spent a long, long time getting it off in order to connect my Oxford Hothands to a switch circuit. Good work!

Bike
2010 Red NT 700
I wonder if that plug would work for a set of Denali Lights?
I assume it would but you might have to do what I did to connect my hot hands. Order a 4 pin sumito connector and connect the wires to it to make the connection to the accessory plug.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
I wonder if that plug would work for a set of Denali Lights?
It is a 10Amp fused circuit so there is no reason it wouldn't... I think you should be able to run Denalis and the OEM heated grips on it as well if you want both based on the low power requirements of the Denalis...

Bob, if you don't find it by the trip to Logan, Oh, I'll show you where it is when we get there. I used that circuit to run a relay to power a separate fuze block for my accessories so they would be ignition key activated.

elizilla

In my bike, it was actually farther forward. There's a support on the forward side of the left pocket, that runs up to hold the dashboard surround. There's wiring running up along this, and the accessory plug was stuffed in and taped to hide in this wiring bundle. I removed the whole side panel to hunt for it, although once I knew where it was, I could have got at it by just removing the pocket.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bike
2010 NT700V
I hate in line fuses. So I installed a power block from www.fuzeblocks.com . Mounted it on the battery case on the right side. You can take your seat off and then one soft riveted body panel to get to the block. The best part is that it has 2 fuse positions. The first turns your accesories on and off with the key switch and the second keeps the power on individual accesories even if you turn the switch off. Great for charging a cell phone in the front left pocket or a coo case alarm system. It also keeps your battery cable area very clean.

elizilla

I hate in line fuses. So I installed a power block from www.fuzeblocks.com . Mounted it on the battery case on the right side. You can take your seat off and then one soft riveted body panel to get to the block. The best part is that it has 2 fuse positions. The first turns your accesories on and off with the key switch and the second keeps the power on individual accesories even if you turn the switch off. Great for charging a cell phone in the front left pocket or a coo case alarm system. It also keeps your battery cable area very clean.
I put my fuzeblock in the tail section of the NT. For the trigger wire, rather than routing a wire all the way back from that accessory plug in the fairing, I just put a posi-tap on the taillight wire, six inches from the fuzeblock.

Bike
2010 Red NT 700
yep, that's it. How did you do getting the cap off? Took me nearly as long to figure that out as to find it to begin with. Enjoy that beer.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
Re: Accessory plug location with pictures

Now to find a plug end that will fit that.
If all else fails just shop around for the Accessory Wire Harness / Part #: 08A30-MEW-100 / MSRP* $14.95. That is what is used to hook in the Heated grips.... Personally I think I'd use some Posi-Taps, they would work just fine...

OP
OP
Bike
2010 Silver NT700
Top Bottom