ADV Monster Model 30 LED Lights

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
Looks like a good job to me. I like them high too. But in some states it is illegal to have them above the headlight. I have never had any LEO tell me they were not mounted legally (too high). I doubt it is enforced because I see a lot of 4X4s with lights on top of the cab.

I mounted my Denali minis about where you did. I've been told by some that they overpower the turn signals. And I've been told by most that they don't over power the turn signals. I suppose it must depend on conditions. Overall I'm happy with them where they are.
DSCN0610.jpg

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
I have been thinking a lot about adding more lights.

I seldom ride at night, but when I do, I get nervous. I really like the position you chose. Is that bracket proprietary to ADV?

Marker

I just put on a set of Deanli DM's and last night went for a ride around the RV park.

I mounted them on the top bolt of the brake claiper and it fits in there real nice. They are going to be fantastic for day riding for visibility, however they will augment the high beam at night. They are too bright to use with low beam, so likely will not work on the Freeway as Daboo posted.

When I figure out how to get pics off the camera to this MacBook, I will post some pics.

bicyclist

When I figure out how to get pics off the camera to this MacBook, I will post some pics.
Open iPhoto, plug the USB camera cord into the MacBook and it should be recognized and a window open up that says "import (x number) photos". Unless you have some kind of weird camera. iPhoto seems to recognize most of them.

Marker

Open iPhoto, plug the USB camera cord into the MacBook and it should be recognized and a window open up that says "import (x number) photos". Unless you have some kind of weird camera. iPhoto seems to recognize most of them.
Will try that tomorrow. I have a bunch of cords so hopefully one will work. I usually use a MS laptop and just plug in the SD card. I find this MacBook hard to figure out sometimes.

Marker

Marker, do you have the 10 degree spot light lens installed? Or the wider flood light lens installed. If it is the narrower focused spot light lens, I would think you should be able to aim them where they won't bother anyone. Just a thought...

Chris
I have to 10 degree lense in and it still is pretty wide when you get out 100+ feet. I am going to use these for awhile to see how they work out.

Top Bottom