Advice on traveling aids

Charlie, my carrier is a local one -- Viero. I don't think they're the problem. They will the problem if they try to make me use this miserable piece of junk for another week.

Phil,

Unfortunately the smaller local carriers are quite often the "problem". Especially when roaming in to a predominate carriers territory...draw your own conclusions on that! I suggest you go with a major carrier before your epic ride or you may hit all sorts of roaming issues when your local Colorado carrier doesn't have an reciprocal roaming, or billing, agreement with a local "Insert State Here" company...it often gets very ugly and expensive....

I currently carry a Motorola Droid Razr Maxx 4G, on the Verizon network, and it has been problem free. My wife has a Razr 3G which has also been problem free. Those are both recent upgrades, prior to them we both had a Droid X with no issues other than what I considered poor "stand by" battery time.

Thanks for the tip, Wayne. The only issue I hear around here is that Verizon, the only other carrier with an office in town, also has lots of problems. I didn't have any issues with my Viero phone when I went to Hyder in '04, and haven't had any issues with roaming anywhere in the US. But this dang Droid GT1900 cratered again last night. I had to go back through the whole setup process and lost all my contacts. Again.

Back
Top Bottom