Air flow

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
That's a pretty good idea -- it's the way my 'Stitch works when I keep the cuffs unzipped.

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Seems to me I read a road test of these gizmos a while back and the tester said that they worked well on naked bikes but not so good on faired bikes. He also said that the feel of the gizmos in his sleeve distracted him.... YMMV

Mike

Bike
Black 2009 NT700
We have a huge problem with wasps North of here which has been going on for more than a year.
Nearly a year ago I stopped in a popular bike town to by a meat pie from a famous bakery for lunch.
Long story short, I bit into the pie and felt a sharp pain on my tongue.
I had bitten into a wasp which had landed on my pie and then spat it out onto the pavement.
It hurt A LOT but fortunately I am not allergic to them so I was OK after 30 minutes or so.
I was up there a couple of weeks ago and the problem still exists, although slightly reduced.

Macka

Those vents have a small plastic screen in the front that looks like it would keep most stinging insects from blowing up your sleeve.

I have rather thick forearms (Popeye), and the sleeves on 2 of my jackets are so tight on my forearms I doubt any air would flow up my sleeves.

Bike
2020 Kawasaki Versys
I had bitten into a wasp
Glad that wasn't me. I once took a wasp sting right between the eyes. I lost 2 days of work as I popped Benadryl and when I went back to work my wonderful co-workers nick-named me klingon as in Star Trek. I actually looked a lot better by then.
I've never had trouble breathing after a sting but one in the tongue would be pushing it a bit for comfort.

Brad

Top Bottom