AirHawk Seat Cushions

Bike
2010 Silver NT700 ABS
Does anyone in the forum have any first hand insight about the AirHawk seat cushion? Frankly, I'm looking for an inexpensive alternative to a Sargent or Corbin etc replacement and this one looks promising if it's as good as it's touted to be.
Len

Len, I have had on for several years on several different bikes. They do work well once you get used to the air shifting from pocket to pocket when you move. They are not a cure all but if used part of the time, and regular seat part of the time they will definitley increase your comfort and time in the saddle. jim

Bike
2010 NT700V
I have an Air Hawk that I bought for my 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 500. The WORST bike ergonomics I have ever had. That seat looks so nice, but it is torture. I finally got a gel seat cushion from WalMart for $20. Made a real difference. And is about a tenth the price of an Air Hawk. Plus, if you don't like the size of the gel cushion, just cut it to shape, sew up the zippered covering, cut of the excess and you have a custom cushion.

Frosty

Site Supporter
Bike
2020 Triumph 900GT
Gel/Memory Foam seat cushion

I found this cushion at COSTCO today. It appeared to be the right size for the NT and it was only $15. Info says the gel will keep you cool by transferring body heat into the gel. There is mesh cover section and channels between the gel sections. The opposite side is memory foam.

The handle is for transport supposedly to start at room temp. The lines on the memory foam side are from the seams in my jeans from sitting on it. I will take it out for a ride tomorrow. Worst that can happen is a new $15 car cushion.

Might be an inexpensive option for someone. Some additional info at:

http://www.amazon.com/SOFT-GEL-501080-SEAT-CUSHION/dp/B004GY0DH6
http://winplus.com/usa/products/soft-gel-seat-cushion/

Bike
2010 NT700V
Frosty, that is EXACTLY what I got at Walmart, but you paid $5 less.

Frosty

Site Supporter
Bike
2020 Triumph 900GT
I did see one at WalMart but it was for an ATV with attachment straps.
Did it work for you?
I don't know if this will work for me since I have a 29" inseam and it is 1.25" uncompressed.

Bike
2010 NT700V Red
I see this thread is getting pretty long in tooth but I'll toss this in anyway. I've got two AirHawks, the first one I bought from the manufacturer in 2006 and now has around 40k miles on it. It's been to AK twice and Nova Scotia once, always comfortable and pretty reliable too given the mileage on it. I think it was on the way back from Nova Scotia that it developed a flat, same as a flat tire. Since I didn't have the factory repair kit along (duh..) I stopped in a hardware store and bought one of those old fashioned tire repair kits. It was an easy fix and one I would eventually repeat two more times.

Later on one of the members of the scooter forum offered a brand new unit for a give away price, he'd tried it out and didn't like the way it felt so I snapped it up. When I picked up my NT in New York this fall I took it along with me, all deflated and rolled up small. That turned out to be a really good thing to do, it transformed the stock saddle into one I was able to ride all day without any discomfort.

As an added bit of information when I was having my scooter's saddle redone at Rich's Custom Saddles in WA one of the first things Rich showed me was a letter from the owner of Roho, the outfit that makes the Air Hawk. In it he thanked Rich for making him such a comfortable saddle claiming it to be the best one he'd ever sat on. Can't say as I blame Rich for keeping the letter handy in case anyone happens to mention how much they like the Air Hawk. It doesn't matter to me though, I love the darn things and will never be without one. They're perfect for rides on new bikes like the one I just mentioned, just roll it up and take it along in your tank bag.

And don't forget to take your Anti-Monkey Butt powder. Eh? Don't tell me you're not familiar with that product, it's an invention right up there with the wheel and microwave!

LL75 :smile:

Top Bottom