All's Well with Valves

Bike
2010 Red NT 700
After receiving a couple pm's asking about my valve adjustment adventure, I thought I should give a general update. Good news- is all's well, that ends well. In frustration and mystery, I gave up and took it to a pro. He adjusted the troubled front intake valves which were 180 off! Don't ask me how!

Much relieved, but still have no idea what happened with the mysterious FT mark and the valves. Guess, I'll just have to wait for my next valve adjustment. If at first, you don't succeed, try, try again.

I did get to use a friends f 650 cs while my bike was out. It's always fun to ride a new bike, but getting my NT back reconfirmed my true love.

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
After receiving a couple pm's asking about my valve adjustment adventure, I thought I should give a general update. Good news- is all's well, that ends well. In frustration and mystery, I gave up and took it to a pro. He adjusted the troubled front intake valves which were 180 off! Don't ask me how!
That sounds like to me someone had the cam out or the cam was put in 180 out at the factory. I thought you had check the valves once before. If so did you use the timing marks to postion the cams for checking the clearances? Interesting issue.

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
For me it is truly delicious to be back on the road. Looking forward to a new season.

Top Bottom