Alternative Top Box

Bike
2011 Black NT700
I want to use a Pelican like case I have but, would like to be able to take it off at will. Is there rack and bracket setup I can use?
Thanks for any help, Clint

Bike
2010 NT700v Metallic Red
The Bestem T-Box I have is easily removable and far less costly than the HondaLine OEM model. It can be had with or without lighting.

I'll be posting an install guide in the near future for it as the short video on YouTube is a poor way to install...tried it and was not happy at all with the results.

Bike
Silver NT700V
Don't know about Pelican cases but have seen them on 'Stroms and the like. I mounted a JC Whitney large. It is very like the Bestem mentioned above but no lights. I think Ad More lights would work in it though. I have about $125 in my case, including case mount and the misc. hardware needed. See the threads under Farkles. I am very happy with the JC Whitney. It does not have the fit and finish of a Givi but costs 1/4 as much and accomplishes the mission.

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
I want to use a Pelican like case I have but, would like to be able to take it off at will. Is there rack and bracket setup I can use?
Thanks for any help, Clint
Check out Twisted Throttle Alu-rack and adapter plate. There are multiple ways to mount pelican/seahorse cases, but I am pretty sure they have an adapter plate to use pelikan mounts. The Alu-Rack for the NT looks great without the adapter plate and topcase. I ususally run around without the topcase. The Alu-Rack requirs drilling two holes in your plastic tail cover. I use mine with a givi setup. You leave the alu-rack on all the time and put the adapter plate for your luggage on it, The the luggage attaches to the adapter plate.

If you buy a different topbox later you just need to get the right adapter plate.

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
For those of you considering Ad More lights, I'd like to offer a couple alternatives.
1. Using reflective tape. The red lenses are not reflective. As is, they are worthless. For a couple bucks though, you can add reflective tape under the red lenses.
2. The Knight Riderz LED lights. At $30, they work surprisingly well. You can set them up to flash several times before coming on solid. It's a less expensive alternative to the Ad More lights...yet very effective.

View attachment 7016

The Knight Riderz light is mounted on the underside of the Givi mounting plate. The advantage to that is if you remove the top box, you still have the lights.

As you can see in the photo, the red lenses light up. If there's anyone around you with their headlights on, the large red lenses will now show up.

Chris
Chris - what are you using under the Givi lenses? Shiny-side-out aluminum foil? White reflective tape?

As to the LED lights - the web site makes it seem as though the lights go through a sequence of flashes (like the old TV series car), but can they be set to just stay on, except to flash a few times when you apply the brakes?

Top Bottom