And now for something almost completely different....

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Saw this on the Facebook Deauville page: Honda Deauville - YouTube

It's a Deauville 650, but if you were ingenious and determined, I don't know why something similar couldn't be done with a 700.

Interesting conversion. I would like to see it up close.

Mike

Mike, I'll bet if you'd go to England, the guy would be happy to show it to you! :thumb: :rofl1:

Taking away any bike's ability to lean and lane filter. 😟

Last edited:
Taking away any bike's ability to lean and lane filter. 😟
Basically, Trikes of any type are MOSTLY for people with physical disabilities who still want the feel of riding a motorcycle. And that's fine. At this point of history, Bikes with Sidecars are basically trikes too. I will spare you my feelings about lane filtering/splitting.

Basically, Trikes of any type are MOSTLY for people with physical disabilities who still want the feel of riding a motorcycle.

Ok, fine. But the feeling of being pulled out of the saddle in a corner is not the feeling of riding a two wheeler. Tilting Motor Works and Yamaha have shown Trikes can be done and still provide the feeling of riding a motorcycle. I would be impressed with a leaning front suspension swapped Deauville. It would be safer, handle far better, and provide the closest analog to the feeling of riding a two wheeled bike.

"...I'm surprised he didn't choose a bike without side cases - with the rear wheels splayed, there's plenty of room to put more-conventional baskets or leather bags in there, and not have to deal with the problems of opening them..."

I'm not sure if your comment is in reference to a clearance problem with lids hitting the fenders or with the mechanism going amuck as it does on the 700s? As regards the latter problem, it seems isolated to the 700s as I've never heard a gripe about that from a 650 owner.

With wheel and fender on each side, it would seem that top-loading side boxes would be ideal but perhaps he ran out of money after paying for this mod. :)

...or better yet, a Miata. It has a top and windows!

...or better yet, a Miata. It has a top and windows!

Isn't UK the home of Morris/Austin Minis, MG, Lotus, Triumph etc. So many choices for amazing handling cars, but instead go with giving a Deauville the worst possible car physics. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom