Another New Honda Vultus

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Re: Another New Honda

It appears that Honda "hired away" a stylist from Victory.....

Mike

OP
OP
Phil Tarman

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I'll be curious to see what it looks like with the panniers they mentioned.

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
I am speechless! I saw lots of bikes I could live without at the Spokane Motorcycle show last weekend (but not the three minty XS650s from the early 70s...I needed those) but here is one more....but if folks want it, let 'um have it.
My ears did perk up at the NC750 mentioned...now THERE'S improvement!

Bike
2010 Red NT700
If you get to choose...always be Batman

Its kind of interesting to me. Maybe one of those bikes that looks and feels better in person

I don't think a 3 gal with .38 gal reserve is going to be a showstopper, seeing as how it'll probably get 70mpg

skiper

Wow - Congratulations to All the Manufacturers Pushing Innovation and having the Audacity to Make this Stuff Real .. We are seeing lots of choices thanks to them. Some Big Outfits don't offer real changing options at all. Just same ol' - same ol' for 20 or 40 years. I think this one will find a youthful demand , the riding position is close to an experimental pure electric i saw on the Tube. When the panels easily accept vinyl wrap with any-thing a computer and a freaky mind can dream up , then the fkids wills break out of the black-white-red-silver "thing" we are all stuck in. There will be a kaleidascopic array of endless variety of machines swimming thru the Streets uv Wild America - Home of the Whatever .. :)

JQL

Growing old disgracefully
Bike
2010 NT700 & 2019 FJR1300
To my surprise, I quite like it!

If it had a shaft drive and a larger fuel tank I would be interested.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
That is "different". I guess Honda didn't want folks opening those storage areas at a stoplight. And I hope they have really good, tightly sealing gaskets if you ride in the rain. I will never make fun of a DN-01 again...well not for a little while anyway....:smile:

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
It's different for sure and I see nothing wrong with that. I keep seeong references tothe DN-01 and all seem to be quite negative. How many of you have ever ridden DN-01? Hate to tell you folks, but the DN-01 is a fine bike that is smooth as silk, is very responsive, and a good all around bike albeit a bit pricey. No, it is not a touring machine, but I suspect that it would make a super commuter. I liked it a lot and almost bought one until I tried out the NT. The DN does everything an NT does except tour. I put 40 miles on a DN and liked it a lot. My only critique was that it could have used a higher windscreen.

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
It's different for sure and I see nothing wrong with that. I keep seeong references tothe DN-01 and all seem to be quite negative. How many of you have ever ridden DN-01? Hate to tell you folks, but the DN-01 is a fine bike that is smooth as silk, is very responsive, and a good all around bike albeit a bit pricey. No, it is not a touring machine, but I suspect that it would make a super commuter. I liked it a lot and almost bought one until I tried out the NT. The DN does everything an NT does except tour. I put 40 miles on a DN and liked it a lot. My only critique was that it could have used a higher windscreen.
Alex, I'm sure that he DN-01 was a fine riding bike, but you hafta admit, it was an ugly spud. The public just wasn't ready for a fully faired cruiser.

Mike

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
I have seen the animated "Akira" and I don't see any resemblence to his bike. It has been years since i watched it, but if I remember right his fictional bike was actually powered by two electric motors in the hubs of the wheels. A case of fiction that may be reality soon.

I don't have anything really bad to say about it, but I don't see myself spending any money on that. NC750 - maybe- if I needed to replace the NT for some reason. It's not just the sytling. Apparently it only comes with the DCT like the old NT700 variant DN-01 thing. I still want a traditional clutch and gear shifter.

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
I have seen the animated "Akira" and I don't see any resemblence to his bike. It has been years since i watched it, but if I remember right his fictional bike was actually powered by two electric motors in the hubs of the wheels. A case of fiction that may be reality soon.

I don't have anything really bad to say about it, but I don't see myself spending any money on that. NC750 - maybe- if I needed to replace the NT for some reason. It's not just the sytling. Apparently it only comes with the DCT like the old NT700 variant DN-01 thing. I still want a traditional clutch and gear shifter.
How are you doing on your Super T search?

Top Bottom