Anti-gravity Jump pack

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
http://shop.antigravitybatteries.com/micro-start-xp-1/
These are $110 to your door at Amazon. I am not exactly sure what part of the forum this might fit as it has many uses....4 that I would use up front.
Mostly so I could hear Frosty in my helmet more than 7 hours.....but this would be the hot setup at Reno if you are camping......thanks to Jim M. for pointing this out.

From what I can tell they are fairly low capacity. One of the batteries is listed as 6Ahr lead equvalent, 1.8Ahr actual. That is not much. I must be missing something in their specs.

If you just want power for your phone or similar stuff then just get one of the pocket backup batteries. Mine is 2.4Ahr and is smaller than my phone.

I did order a 10 buck 1.2 ah USB charger that I can carry into a restaurant and charge my Bluetooth with and If it breaks or more likely I loose it, oh well. So the question is....Is this XP1 thing really the device it is advertised to be? Can it really produce 200 or even 100 amps for a very short period of time? It obviously has lots of other capibilities that my 10 dollar unit doesn't have. And they are nice. But if you loose power on a fuel injected bike battery, you are up a creek with out a paddle. An Airforce KC-135 driver showed up at the shooting range to pay the secretary his annual fee on a Triumph fuel injected bike....its battery was bad from sitting while he was over playing in the sand box...so we jumped him...didn't take much....but if he had one of these gizmos I bet he could have self rescued.
Chris who camps in the middle of nowhere, Wyoming

From what I can tell they are fairly low capacity. One of the batteries is listed as 6Ahr lead equvalent, 1.8Ahr actual. That is not much. I must be missing something in their specs.

If you just want power for your phone or similar stuff then just get one of the pocket backup batteries. Mine is 2.4Ahr and is smaller than my phone.

Short answer is, yes, the small batteries can have enough current output to jump a bike. So, if that is your desire they are cheap 'insurance'. Add to that the lithium batteries can sit for a LONG time without losing that charge so they are perfect for this application.

My comment was intended for those who want an aux battery for powering other stuff like tablets, laptops, phones, headsets, or powering a small compressor. I think these batteries might not do well for some of those apps.

If someone has one it might be interesting to see how long they can power one of the small compressors. Would you have enough juice to inflate a tire?

Back
Top Bottom