Any experience with NT knee pads?

I recently went the Plasti-dip route for my NT's faded black bits, and am very happy with results. Cheap, easy to apply, looks and feels great, and does not damage the plastic.

As reported by other forum members, however, it has limited durability. Not a problem for parts that don't normally get rubbed or scrapped, but the dip coating almost immediately began peeling from my mid-cowl pieces, where my knees rub against the side of the bike.

So I am considering the Honda accessory mid-cowl knee pads, for about $100. The pads would deal with the portion of the cowls that get rubbed and plasti-dip would handle the rest. (I am talking here about the knee pads for the cowls, not the tank protector pads.)

So has anyone gotten the knee pads? Looks as if they attach with the usual Scotch adhesive tape, which worries me a bit. Would it hold up under flex? Unlike the hand wind defectors, which are held on in part my the mirror mounts, if the knee pad adhesive gives way, your pad could end up as road debris, gone before you even noticed you had lost it.

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
I've had the knee pads from the beginning (Feb 2010) and have never had a problem with them coming loose.

OP
OP
Wayne, thanks for directing me to your previous post on the pads. I had missed that. Your description and photos were helpful. I had not realized they were so thin. At least I know now what I would be getting.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I don't know about you, but where the knee pads go is not a place my knees even touch.

Top Bottom