Any "Red" NT owners notice darkening body color?

NCpkwyrider1

I bought my red NT in October 2010 and I ordered the Honda topbox with the bike. I haven't noticed any change in the color at all and the topbox and bike are a perfect color match. What you're describing sounds very strange to me.........

leeaj

Has anyone else with the red NT noticed the color seems to be darkening with time?
I purchased my NT in July 2010 and just this weekend installed a Honda topbox. The color of the new topbox is much brighter red than the bike. I then compared to some photos I took the day I bought the bike, and the color of the bike seems to have changed over time to a much darker, almost maroon color.
It doesn't seem to be uneven, like sun had caused it, as the areas covered by the front edge of the seat are the same color. It is almost like a general darkening of hue over time.
Does anyone else feel their red bike color has changed?
I have a 2010 red NT. And the top box I bought is lighter red in color.
See if I can attach a picture.
Side bags & Top Box.jpg
Should write a complain letter to Honda .... I did ... all I got was a phone call though.
Don't think the bike changed color .... the top box is a light red ... I think.
Honda said to me the color can be lighter or darker then the bike.
Maybe I can get it repainted by someone.
For now I keep my bike dirty ..... the dirt on the box and bike is a good match.
The red NT are faster then the silver ones for sure.

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
I have a 2010 red NT. And the top box I bought is lighter red in color.
See if I can attach a picture.
Side bags & Top Box.jpg
Should write a complain letter to Honda .... I did ... all I got was a phone call though.
Don't think the bike changed color .... the top box is a light red ... I think.
Honda said to me the color can be lighter or darker then the bike.
Maybe I can get it repainted by someone.
For now I keep my bike dirty ..... the dirt on the box and bike is a good match.
The red NT are faster then the silver ones for sure.
Is it possible that the top box you have was actually for another Honda that might be a slightly different color red ? I am not sure that our top box is exclusive to the NT since it came with hardware that was not needed for the NT mounting. Just a thought.

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
I think that I'll have my red plastic done in Kawasaki Racing Green--should look sharp with the black pannier lids.

RedBird

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 F800ST, 1973 R75/5
Sailariel, that's a good picture in my mind. I also like the idea of white with black pannier lids -- though that might be too much of a police bike image. Wait! That might be good. And one could put red and blue filters over the driving lights, add an antenna...

JQL

Growing old disgracefully
Bike
2010 NT700 & 2019 FJR1300
Once you ride a Black one you know it is much superior in all respects!

Oh, and my Topbox is a perfect match to the bike (Pearl Concourse Black).

Talking about fading, does anyone know how to stop the black plastic from fading. I live in Fl and I have tried a lot of different products and none seem to work.

Jim

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Jim, try baby oil. It's hard to get rubbed in easily, but it seems to work as well as anything I've found.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
Talking about fading, does anyone know how to stop the black plastic from fading. I live in Fl and I have tried a lot of different products and none seem to work. Jim
If the baby oil doesn't work I have used Mothers Back To Black with very good results on other bikes, and cars, where the color was fading / lightening due to sunlight...

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Talking about fading, does anyone know how to stop the black plastic from fading. I live in Fl and I have tried a lot of different products and none seem to work.

Jim
Try 303 Protectant. It will restore the orginal black finish and keep the UV rays from further degarding the plastic.

Mike

TheO.Z.

Not yet, but the weather out here is lousy so we never see any sun :)
That said, no one believes me it's maroon, and everyone says it's purple. Someone cut out a prince (or artist formerly known as) decal out of reflective tape and gave it to me... it's on the front of the NT :D

Top Bottom