anyone have success with gray to black plastic restoration?

OP
OP
cliffh
Ok, I painted a few of the pieces this afternoon. A couple have minor runs that will need to be sanded out and the part resprayed. This is an example of the completed pieces. I think it came out great. Sure hope it lasts.

Attachments

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Ok, I painted a few of the pieces this afternoon. A couple have minor runs that will need to be sanded out and the part resprayed. This is an example of the completed pieces. I think it came out great. Sure hope it lasts.
Cliff, they look excellent! Much better than mine, but mine were pretty weathered.
Mike

OP
OP
cliffh
Honda really dropped the ball on some of the black plastic pieces on these bikes. The black plastic on my 31 year old Honda Goldwing look almost new.
I still love my NT though. What a great bike.

JQL

Growing old disgracefully
Bike
2010 NT700 & 2019 FJR1300
ACF50 does the trick so I'm told. Have yet to try it.

I have one "dose" left of the only product that ever worked properly - it's no longer available and hasn't been for about 10 years. So no point telling you about it

Fieroguy

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700
I had high hopes for the new breed of ceramic trim restore products. Worked great on everything I threw at it... until I tried it on the NT. Sadly, it just turned the parts into a somewhat shinier faded and scratched grey. Sigh.

Last edited:
Bike
KLR650, Red NT700V, YZFR3
Environmental regulations... starting with the water based colors in '96 and so on...
Poor choice of materials, my bike spends a lot of time in a south facing garage with the garage door open under the intense New Mexico sun, parts of the black plastic were severely faded while others were not affected at all.
I painted the faded pieces a year ago with a for plastic paint and they still look good.

Top Bottom