Arrgh!

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
They is conspiring against me! The US and Canada have agreed to close the border due to Covid-19! If this lasts for a while, my planned long ride for the summer has had the kibosh put to it 😫. I might be forced to have to ride nawth and visit JJ, unless Wisconsin closes their borders too.

Mike

Bike
2020 Kawasaki Versys
Mike, pretty sure they are not conspiring against you. It may feel like it though.
Yes, certainly a lot of unknowns about now.

Brad

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL
I'm sure Jim will call and close the WI border. you badger him all the time about living in the outback, why would you even go there in summer, might be summer high of 69 deg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
mikesim

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
I'm sure Jim will call and close the WI border. you badger him all the time about living in the outback, why would you even go there in summer, might be summer high of 69 deg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
69 degrees! In the summer??!! Brrrrr….. Badger him? Of course I do, after all, Wisconsin is the badger state, right?

Mike

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
I might be forced to have to ride nawth and visit JJ, unless Wisconsin closes their borders too.
This post is not meant to offend any of our other good members from south of the Mason-Dixon Line - Just Mike!

OK - I've ignored you long enough Mike. You couldn't find Wisconsin even if you did figure out which way "nawth" is. We don't see many "Johnny Rebs" around here. But if they ever do start showing up we have a plan to blow up all the bridges on north-south highways. We have genetically altered mosquitoes that preferentially attack southerners and leave us alone. And there are secret ingredients in our beer and brats that repel ticks. Seriously, if this clears up I'd be happy to have you as a guest and/or riding partner.

So. many people are looking at this Kung Flu epidemic from a personal viewpoint and not considering how their behavior affects others and the spread of the virus. It looks like this is not a good year for traveling, especially for those of us over 60 (I think they mean chronologic age not mental age). At best I plan to do some local rides and possibly overnight rides where I can camp in the woods and I'll be taking my food with me for a change. Eating in restaurants is a bad idea right now. At worst, I'm staying home and I won't have to buy any new tires.

Historically, entire civilizations have been wiped out by disease. But that was before we had the mobility and inter-connections of continents and regions we now have. An infected person would have to walk hundreds of miles to infect another community. Before he could arrive he'd be dead or cured. Remember the TB events and all the sanitariums?

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
Mike,
You are always welcome to visit in Belfast, ME.. I have a great "Guest Suite" Ask Phil. He's been here.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Bear's guest suite is indeed great! I remember it well.

OP
OP
mikesim

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Mike,
You are always welcome to visit in Belfast, ME.. I have a great "Guest Suite" Ask Phil. He's been here.
Thanks Alex! You may hear a knock on your door this summer!

Mike

Bike
2010 Red NT700
For those who havent heard, Our National Parks are waiving entry fees to encourage folks to get out. Its a way to have some fun while keeping your distance

My wife and I just cancelled a trip to Fredericksburg, TX in April and are going camping instead in a TX State Park soon.

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
I would not count on that lasting long. I have already read a lot of negative comments regarding this. Getting folks out is the opposite message that is being communicated by other government agencies.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Rocky Mountain National Park is closed in response to the mayor of Estes Park's request. He said that visitors to the Park would overwhelm their small city's attempt to protect themselves against the spread of covid-19. Makes sense to me.

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
Yosemite NP closed the day before RMNP. I think the Feds decided that the Parks would close regardless if Estes ask for it or not.

Top Bottom