Awaiting Quote for Trunk

Mattb

I called the dealer this morning and asked for a quote for the OEM Trunk (Top Box) with the optional backrest.

I know I should brace myself for the price, but any idea how much? The Hondaline website is confusing to me.

rcase13

If you shop around you can get the entire setup for around $550.
Parts you need:
08L55-EWL-130 - Trunk (Red)
08L42-EWL-800 - Base
08Z51-MEW-100 - Bracket

Google the part numbers above and you can find them cheaper than the dealer. Installation is easy. There are several threads that cover the installation.

Also I would look at aftermarket solutions. The Honda box is the nicest in my opinion but it will not fit two helmets. It will only fit one.

Accessories4bikes.com has all the parts needed for less than $500.

Last edited by a moderator:

loonytuna

I just bought the smaller Coocase and mounting hardware from twisted throttle, if you are not set on the Honda version, take a look, it will save you some money and is a good system.

I think the Honda version may be larger (45L) but the V37 (37L) case is good size.

I bought the following:

GPT.01.615.100.B SW-MOTECH Alu-Rack Toprack (Honda NT700V Deauville), black $149.99 1 $149.99
TT.GPA.014.100 Coocase to SW-MOTECH Alu-Rack Adapter Plate $35.00 1 $35.00
CC.V28.LLW.148AM Coocase V28 Fusion topcase, Luxury edition Save $89 - matte black $110.00 1 $110.00

For another 45.00 you can have the larger one, I'll be ordering one myself later today, buying the small one was a mistake for me, but I still like having the small one for around town.

Here is a link to the larger one - http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/7043/284/

I am attaching pictures of mine so you can see a real world installation.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

OP
OP

Mattb

Thanks, Gents. I paid a little over $600.00 including the backrest and installation.

Just ordered it.

Going to have to wait a bit on the Garmin 550 and the Stich. :)

rcase13

Hey that's my bike!

I still think the factory box is the best looking box. I just wish I could fit two helmets in it.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP

Mattb

Hey that's my bike!
TWINS! Mine has the MCL risers and some RAM ball mounts and a cee bailey +2 windshield. Still, I'd probably accidentally get on yours if they were side by side in a parking lot. :)

Bike
2010 NT700V
JCWhitney. 22-1/2"W x 16-1/2"L x 11"H Large Matte Black Travel Trunk
SKU #: 1JA 277022 Mfr #: JT928 $87.99 Includes mounting rack. You can use the left over money to buy the Garmin AND the Stitch.

I have one of these on my NT. I moved it over from my Kawasaki Vulcan after 5 years on that bike. Have never had a problem with it.
I have a post and pictures on how to install elsewhere on this forum.

I've got the same box on my red NT. BUT. I can put two full-face helmets in there and close the lid and lock it. Nothing else can go in, but the helmets have to be sideways. Fool around with it and you might find it works.

Terry

rcase13

I've got the same box on my red NT. BUT. I can put two full-face helmets in there and close the lid and lock it. Nothing else can go in, but the helmets have to be sideways. Fool around with it and you might find it works.

Terry
Pictures or it didn't happen! LOL just kidding. What size were the helmets? I am trying to fit two medium full face helmets. The person I ride with rides a scooter and has no way to store the helmet.

Keep in mind my box is the faster red. It's probably more streamlined. ;)

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
Chuck:

What tank bag do you have? Does it have a GPS mount built in?

Mike
It is a Tour-master Cortex Mini magnetic. bag. No it does not have the GPS mount built in. My GPS mount is attached to the handle bars via the ram ball mount system: see pic.

Top Bottom