Award Request 100K - Red, 2nd NT

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL
Came home from work last night Red NT has 100,075 miles. We have to make our own award request cause this forum software doesn't have the awards button. Bought Red in Nov 2017, didn't start riding until Oct 2018. So put these miles on in 4 yrs 10 months. Bought it used with 504 miles, so for me next Wednesday I'll pass MY actual 100,504 miles for MY official 100K on the bike.

Silver had 201,111 miles in 6yrs 10 months. That was the only bike I had, so all my vacation trips were on that bike which made miles add up faster. Adding the Spyder in Mar 2017, now have over 44K miles on that bike. Bought Spyder used with just 224 miles on it.

I'm sure no one else in USA has put 100K miles on 2 NT's, or over 200K on one NT. I have only kept mileage records since 1997 when i got my 1st PC800. Just added up the miles...... just over 573K miles in that time span. The 3 other road bikes I had since 1978 I would guess combined 20K miles.

For those reading for first time, since 1997, these are mostly work miles, as I have been as close as 22 miles one way to 56 miles one way to work. Just not able to be close to home, so what better way to commute = motorcycles!!!!

Here in NC, we have better warmer winters. My best calendar year was just 7 days of NON M/C riding. I just completed my longest continuous riding spell Feb 8, 2022 to April 8 2023. Thats 14 months straight of riding to work, never have done that many days straight. A new record. Just had a warmer end on winter in 2022 and a warmer 2022 / 2023 winter. Some days were not pleasant to ride, rain days, heavy rain days, cold winter weather, etc, but I had a goal to achieve!!! And what broke the streak????? April 9th, was going to be a cold rainy day, I was just tired of recent riding in cold rain and drove the truck!!

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
I seriously envy folks having that much free time at hand... ;)
You did read where most of his miles are commuting back and forth to work? I'd hardly call that free time, but it is an enjoyable way to commute. I used Traveller to commute back when I was a worker bee. All the gremlins that piled on at work were blown off my shoulders after a mile or two.
;)
Mike

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R, NT700
You did read where most of his miles are commuting back and forth to work? I'd hardly call that free time, but it is an enjoyable way to commute. I used Traveller to commute back when I was a worker bee. All the gremlins that piled on at work were blown off my shoulders after a mile or two. ;)
Did commute on my ST, but only like 12 minutes across town (vs >25 min by car + seeking a parking spot), so barely warming the engine...
But I too often took off for a late afternoon RTE out off the city into the twisties/hill-land at the end of work, so I can relate ;)
Not having an office job anymore, I'll have to pilot a panel van running service calls...
GF is a brave commuter on her NT though, racking up miles from Feb through Nov...

OP
OP
Woodaddict

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL
95% of my total miles since 1997 are WORK miles. So that's 95% of 573K miles are WORK related, best way to travel!!!!!!

WVRider

Site Supporter
Bike
Silver 2010 NT700V
Here in NC, we have better warmer winters. My best calendar year was just 7 days of NON M/C riding. I just completed my longest continuous riding spell Feb 8, 2022 to April 8 2023. Thats 14 months straight of riding to work, never have done that many days straight. A new record. Just had a warmer end on winter in 2022 and a warmer 2022 / 2023 winter. Some days were not pleasant to ride, rain days, heavy rain days, cold winter weather, etc, but I had a goal to achieve!!! And what broke the streak????? April 9th, was going to be a cold rainy day, I was just tired of recent riding in cold rain and drove the truck!!
Way to go Dave. Weather sure makes a difference when you can ride all year. I still have about 8K to go before I hit 100K and that has slowed a bit since I have two motorcycles. Ride On !

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
When I bought my NT in 2010 the way I justified the cost was that I would ride it every day to work and back. Since I lived in Tennessee that meant I could ride it every day. We only had snow on the ground for maybe a week a year so I was able to ride virtually every day rain or shine. I did that for 9 years until I retired. I do enjoy being retired but I do miss everyday commuting.

Top Bottom