User Name: Maureen

-----------------------------
Request Information:
Award ID: 3
Name: 50,000 Mile Award
Description: 50,000 miles on an NT

Recipient username : Maureen

-----------------------------------------------------
Please explain why the listed recipient should receive the award.

Somewhere up in the "mountains" between San Diego and Yuma, Arizona, my odometer turned 50,000. No safe place to really stop and take a picture.

The bike has been great--made better by all of the little farkles I've picked up from forum members on this site.

I bought it new in 2010 (just paid it off a month ago) and should now probably go and spend a little money to get a valve check !!! The only one I've had done was the initial one at 600 miles or whatever. In fact, other than oil changes and tires, I've only spent 88 cents to maintain it (a brake light). The bike doesn't run like it's been deprived of any TLC, however.

Looking forward to 75,000!
-----------------------------------------------------

Bike
2011 NT, 01 Ultra, 04 VLX
Congratulations Maureen,

Yah there is not a lot of safe places to stop out there and still have a signal.

Be safe and enjoy your ride. I certainly agree with you as it is sure time to check the valves. I am sure a bunch of us here are looking forward to your report about how the valves are when you get that done.

Eldon

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL
welcome to the 50,000 miles club also. Ahhhhh 49,400 power puff miles between valve checks, shouldn't be a problem!

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Congratulations, Maureen! If you want a 50K sticker, send me your address and I'll get it in the mail to you next week.

Bike
2010 Red NT 700
Maureen, where have you been on this web site. Clearly you are one of the top distance riders in this group.

Terry
My sentiments exactly. Very impressive and so quiet about the run up. Do put your name up on the mileage board.

OP
OP

Maureen

Maureen, where have you been on this web site. Clearly you are one of the top distance riders in this group.

Terry
Shy. . . and not really much to add. I don't understand 99.9 percent of the technical stuff, but I do enjoy reading all of the posts. I live in a climate that allows me lots of opportunity to ride (my 75 mile per day commute helps those miles add up). My motto is usually "ride til it breaks," and I have been super lucky in that department.

Bike
2010 Red NT 700
Shy. . . and not really much to add. I don't understand 99.9 percent of the technical stuff, but I do enjoy reading all of the posts. I live in a climate that allows me lots of opportunity to ride (my 75 mile per day commute helps those miles add up). My motto is usually "ride til it breaks," and I have been super lucky in that department.
How about adding your name and mileage to the mileage board? I think it's cool to have a female listed close to the top. Katherine is one of top mechanics, and you're obviously a major distance rider. Cool.

Bike
2010 RED NT700V #1188
Sender Information

should now probably go and spend a little money to get a valve check !!! The only one I've had done was the initial one at 600 miles or whatever. In fact, other than oil changes and tires, I've only spent 88 cents to maintain it (a brake light). The bike doesn't run like it's been deprived of any TLC, however.

Looking forward to 75,000!

First of all Congratulations Maureen. Yes you should get on the mileage tracker ... hey maybe California can occupy a couple of the top spots!

As for the valve check. if you every want to head over to Corona, I would be happy to sit down with you and do a value check so that you can see how "easy" (relative term) they are.

Again Congrats, and hopefully we will see each other on the road again,

Michael

Top Bottom