User Name: Woodaddict

-----------------------------
Request Information:
Award ID: 8
Name: 200,000 Mile Award
Description: 200,000 miles on an NT

Recipient username : Woodaddict

-----------------------------------------------------
Please explain why the listed recipient should receive the award.

CAN YOU READ THIS? HAS NO TENTHS. On my way to work, got my impressive mileage! Just under 7 yrs, actual 6 yrs, 10 months, 3 days of ownership. In 2 weeks I will transfer all "stuff" over to red NT waiting since last November when I got it with 508 miles. Will I do same thing to red?? probably. For those who do not know, at least 90% of my miles are work commute miles, I can't get a job close to me, the one I want is too far. But, been at this job for almost 9 yrs now, when I first started it was 56 miles one way, but in 2013 moved closer, now its only 49 miles.
-----------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!! I knew you'd make it. Sorry I'm too chintzy to buy a 200K sticker for you to put on a bike you're not going to ride. :) Whatchoo' gonna' do with theold bike?

OP
OP
Woodaddict

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL
Up for sale once I transfer stuff. mikesim asked why don't I just keep riding it? that's because I wanted to get another new NT or low mileage. that's what I got. every year they get more scarcer and scarcer.

Bike
2010 NT700V, 2015 CB500X
That extra 26 miles is just showing off.
Seriously, that is impressive. Congratulations, and let us know how the sale goes.

OP
OP
Woodaddict

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL
I will post for sale here first , for any friend of friend interest. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I like looking at KM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maybe because its first in USA over 200K,, I can collector money out of it????!!!!

Bike
'10 NT 84 BMW R100RT Ural
Museum piece! I think it is National Motorcycle museum with a KLR with 150000? on display. Guy did ride it around world, but heck not many motorcycles have any where near that mileage.

Bike
2020 Kawasaki Versys
Very impressive. You are certainly dedicated to bikes and to the NT.

Brad

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
Way to go David!!! I remember a time when you couldn't put 50K on a motorcycle without an engine rebuild. For the type of commuting you do you picked the right motorcycle.

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
Congratulations Dave, Your record is probably safe for quite a while.

Phil, you had better get going if you're going to top Dave.

Bike
NT700V, NC700X, XL600R
Congrats on this major milestone. You are certainly an impression to all that will keep our bikes as long as we can. :woohoo:

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Phil, you had better get going if you're going to top Dave.
LOL! Don't think I'll ever make it. At the rate I've accumulated miles this year, it would take me another 24 years. I'd be a 100 by then.

Simply Amazing! And considering all the weather conditions you rode in - that is hard core. I wonder how that compares with some of the high milage British riders -
-
Wendell

OP
OP
Woodaddict

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL
LOL! Don't think I'll ever make it. At the rate I've accumulated miles this year, it would take me another 24 years. I'd be a 100 by then.
well, another victory is post count you can focus on. since miles might be miles might be too hard to get

Bike
Black 2009 NT700
You guys in the US have much more open space and better roads (freeways) on which you can cover huge distances at high speeds.
Many of you report cruising at 80-90 mph.
In Oz we would be locked up immediately and lose the bike for 3 months if we were caught doing that. Truly!
For a second offense you can loose the vehicle for good!
We have some good open roads in Oz but I for one am not game to open it up as I need to keep my licence.
I have done a very few high speed runs but you must be very careful where you do it and usually only for a few minutes at a time.
I have been surprised many times by the sudden appearance of a Police car in the middle of nowhere.
Although I have never been to the UK, I have watched many video clips of riding over there and it seems that their roads are very much narrower and slower.
A good day's ride might be only 200 miles.
The most that I have covered in a day is 800 km (500 miles) but my usual planning is for 400-500km (250-310 miles) per day.
By that time I am getting tired and am looking forward to a cold beer.

Macka

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
well, another victory is post count you can focus on. since miles might be miles might be too hard to get
LOL! I've got post count total record nailed down. And I lost about what I've got now when Mellow changed the server or the program or something a couple of years ago. If I qhuit the Forum tonight, it would take till 2030 or so for anyone to catch up with me.

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
Knowing Dave (Woodaddict), I'd venture a guess that most of his miles are done at a sane speed. His NT is his commuter vehicle and he takes the freeway each day and from what I understand, it's rare for him to take a car/truck to work - regardless of the weather.

Congrats Woodaddict! :)

Bike
NT700V, NC700X, XL600R
Knowing Dave (Woodaddict), I'd venture a guess that most of his miles are done at a sane speed. His NT is his commuter vehicle and he takes the freeway each day and from what I understand, it's rare for him to take a car/truck to work - regardless of the weather.

Congrats Woodaddict! :)
Getting to work and spending all day in wet socks and underwear are not that appealing to me.

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
That's why you wear a waterproof riding suit. I actually enjoy riding in the rain.

Top Bottom