User Name: Woodaddict

-----------------------------
Request Information:
Award ID: 2
Name: 75,000 Mile Award
Description: 75,000 miles on an NT

Recipient username : Woodaddict

-----------------------------------------------------
Please explain why the listed recipient should receive the award.

Sorry, my NT is groning but I as Woodaddict request the 75,000 award. What better time then to happen at the TNT rally. Met a lot of new faces to put with usernames. All my miles since NT ownership 12/7/11, 2yrs 5mo and 10 days
-----------------------------------------------------

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
You're gaining! You'll probably pass me before the end of the year. Congratulations!

I've always thought that Phil was untouchable, but clearly you will be surpassing him in the near future. Congratulations. Keep letting us know how your bike is doing at this mileage.

Terry

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
Woodaddict lead a small group of us up the Blue Ridge Parkway to its highest elevation, over 6,000 ft, through the rain and fog. The ride down was exilerating. The pucker factor for me was at maximum but he never flinched. He is a good guy and a great rider. I would ride with him again any day.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Woodaddict

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL
I've always thought that Phil was untouchable, but clearly you will be surpassing him in the near future. Congratulations. Keep letting us know how your bike is doing at this mileage.

Terry
maybe you haven't followed the forum intensely?? I have won mileage tracker in 2013 and 2012. I have posted about tires, valve checks, and mileage stuff in different places. I was #2 behind Phil in achieving the 50,000 tag

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
I'm hardly going to be untouchable this year. My bike's in the shop (although Sun told me they were waiting on parts, so maybe they'll have it out by the end of the week. I'm working through the end of June, we've got our house for sale and are going to have to find a place to move to and then move. I'll be lucky to make it to Spearfish and I sure wont' be doing any Epic Rides this year. I am planning a SS1K during the IBS International Meeting in August, but that will be precarious depending on moving schedule.

Plus, Joanne is 9 days away from her retirement and I really ought to spend some time with her. :)

Woodaddict is the Man!

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
I'm hardly going to be untouchable this year. My bike's in the shop (although Sun told me they were waiting on parts, so maybe they'll have it out by the end of the week. I'm working through the end of June, we've got our house for sale and are going to have to find a place to move to and then move. I'll be lucky to make it to Spearfish and I sure wont' be doing any Epic Rides this year. I am planning a SS1K during the IBS International Meeting in August, but that will be precarious depending on moving schedule.

Plus, Joanne is 9 days away from her retirement and I really ought to spend some time with her. :)

Woodaddict is the Man!
Well, since I posted the above at about 5PM, our house was shown for the second time today to the same couple. They are submitting a full-price offer with a contingency for the sale of their current home and asking for a July 31st closing date. They are pre-qualified for a loan on our house.

So, we'll be moving to find a place as soon as possible so we can arrange our financing and line up movers. I may not make it to Spearfish this year.

OP
OP
Woodaddict

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL
Thats great Phil, knowing that your house is wanted by somebody makes looking for a house less "pressurized".

I lost my glasses at our Saturday night dinner at Bennetts BBQ, put on helmet, left glasses on seat and they slid off somewhere in no mans land. Got back to hotel, and said whoops.....went right back and looked all over area, but didn't find them. I need them for reading / up close, so my wife typed out my mileage request as I dictated. She even did it on her IPad, but I still couldn't see that clearly

OP
OP
Woodaddict

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL
oh Phil, just wondering if you did the 75K in my time of 2 yrs, 5 months, 10 days?????

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Put him in a Borat thong
Ewww! That would be going a bit too far.

BTW, Dave, it took me three years and five months to roll 75 ,000 miles onto the odometer. I did it a bit under a mile from the end of the pavement in Labrador, just as I was riding into Red Bay to eat lunch at the Whaling Station there. After lunch, I was heading home from the farthest point of my Epic Ride. I doubt if I'll get to 100,000 miles until next summer with everything we've got to do.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
We're not moving far. She's got a daughter in Fort Collins and (for the moment) I've got a daughter in Greeley. She's also got a granddaughter and greatgrandson in Fort Collins. We'll probably end up in Greeley, Windsor, or Wellington, between 50 and 80 miles from Fort Morgan but all three closer to the mountains. :run1:

...and to the doctors and hospitals for our aging bodies. :shrug2:

OP
OP
Woodaddict

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL
We have a young whipper snapper chewing out the miles now. Rustinpeace is leading the mileage tracker, I'm 3rd. He is riding what I would like to do, 98%-100% fun miles, where my miles are 98% work related miles. With his planned trip on NT to Alaska he will finish out year wayyyyy on top tracker.
So just wondering rustinpeace......do you know when you achieved the 25,000 & 50,000 milestones at NT ownership?? I think at TNT rally his odometer was about 56,000miles.

mine 25,000 10 months, 9 days
50,000 19 months, 16 days
75,000 2 yrs, 5 months, 10 days
So with Phil taking himself out the 100,000 mile goal, it could come down to wire with rustinpeace and me. My approximate 100,000 miles could occur in Mar/Apr 2015

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Well, I may have to get back into the sweepstakes. My brother's going back onto the Pacific Crest Trail and will probably finish in September. Plus I may meet Coyote Chris at the Reno Air Races.

I'm 15,520 miles away from 100K... I think I could get to that before the snow falls. :)

We have a young whipper snapper chewing out the miles now. Rustinpeace is leading the mileage tracker, I'm 3rd. He is riding what I would like to do, 98%-100% fun miles, where my miles are 98% work related miles. With his planned trip on NT to Alaska he will finish out year wayyyyy on top tracker.
So just wondering rustinpeace......do you know when you achieved the 25,000 & 50,000 milestones at NT ownership?? I think at TNT rally his odometer was about 56,000miles.

mine 25,000 10 months, 9 days
50,000 19 months, 16 days
75,000 2 yrs, 5 months, 10 days
So with Phil taking himself out the 100,000 mile goal, it could come down to wire with rustinpeace and me. My approximate 100,000 miles could occur in Mar/Apr 2015
Sorry I just found this post I was kinda busy in late may!!!!! My nt700v was parked for 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after the tnt rally but my nt only had 54000 miles on it at the tnt ralley. I don't remember exactly when. But I think I hit 25000 miles sometime last fall of 2013. I was at 36000 on Jan. 1, 2014 and I hit 50000 back in April over here http://www.nt-owners.org/forums/showthread.php?8221-Award-Request-for-RUSTINPEACE!-50-000-Mile-Award Hope that answers your question sorry for the late response.

Bike
2011 NT, 01 Ultra, 04 VLX
Phil,

You are really getting into this, I would wager that you will be submitting Big Dance paperwork for 17! That will coerce you into getting a quick 12,000 miles rather quickly!:p

Eldon

Eldom

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Rustin Peace,

Do you want one of the slightly-coveted 50,000 mile stickers? If you do, send me your name and address and I'll mail you one in a couple of weeks after I get back from the 3-Flags Classic.

Eldon, no way I'll even apply for the Iron Butt Rally. I do think I've got an outside chance of hitting 100K by the end of this year or early next year.

Last edited:
Thanks for the generous offer Phil but I'm going to wait for a 100,000+ mile sticker. P.S. I'll be honest I want the 50,000 mile sticker but I will never put the sticker on my bike. So I will decline your offer I know you spent your own money on the stickers.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Hey, I've still got about 95 stickers. Can't give 'em away. I've got one on my bike and one on my netbook. They only cost me something like $.26 a piece. I'll be happy to give you one.

I'll be spending another $26 getting the 100K stickers made... mainly so I can have on my own bike. Being able to give them away is just gravy. Send me your name and address. I'll be happy to give you one, no matter where you put it.

Top Bottom