Axle / shaft noise

efesss

I am riding a 2007 Nt 700V.In the axel there is a nonstoping noice which is disturbing me.Do you also have this noice ?If you have did you try to stop that noice.

Bike
2012 Kawasaki Concours 14
I have not noticed any continuous noise from this area. There is a slight whine upon deceleration from the shaft/final drive, but nothing that has concerned me at all. Others will give input shortly...

Bike
2020 Kawasaki Versys
I have no noise out of the ordinary. There is a slight whine sometimes on deceleration.
Does it make noise if you put it on the centerstand and turn it by hand? You may be able to isolate it some that way.
The bearings or final drive splines come to mind to check out.

ARKNT

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Mine makes quite a bit of noise under deceleration, but from what I gather from Deauville Owners UK, it's a normal thing and is the way the final drive gears are cut.

Are there any other NTs anywhere near you in Turkey? If there are, you might see if the owner would ride by you while decelerating. I'm thinking it's a normal noise...but it is one of the reason I wear earplugs. :)

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
The final drive is a bit vocal. Not to worry it is not broken they all make this noise, it is normal for the bike. There is no way to "fix" it.

OP
OP

efesss

One of my friend told that they went to the offical Honda service but could not end that noice and they opened a trail against Honda and Honda declared that we can not stop that noise.They won the trail and Honda had to pay money .Accrding to this I started also to here such a noise and was wondering if Honda had stopped that noise .Maybe they changed something after the production year 2010 .
I rode another Nt700V here in Turkey and that one had the same noice.Maybe its something about me and I have to put an earplug :)

Last edited by a moderator:

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
Learning to live with it sounds like a good plan to me.

Top Bottom