Back home again

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Back Home again from the Reno national air races....ended up taking my NT. Stay tuned in the trip report section and camping equipment section
for reports and lots of pics.....

You know why retired people dont have any time? They have to play catch up between vacations!!!!

Tired Chris

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
How were the races, Chris? It was great that they didn't appear to make any national news this year!! We eagerly await the ride report and pictures!!!!

OP
OP
Coyote Chris

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
How were the races, Chris? It was great that they didn't appear to make any national news this year!! We eagerly await the ride report and pictures!!!!
Thanks guys...I missed you. Races were SAFE. One plane, Furious, a Sea Fury with an R-4360, had a gear issue and ended up in the dirt but the pilot walked away....cant wait for next year.
Need some time for a write up and pics....

Here is a video of the view from Pylon 5. The guy in the orange shirt is the guy I camp out with.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmzPHbSYKvg

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Hoot Gibson was one; who was the other space shuttle commander?

Back in the early 70s, I used to preach to Jack Lousma who was a shuttle commander for two or three missions. He was a nice guy.

OP
OP
Coyote Chris

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Hoot Gibson was one; who was the other space shuttle commander?

Back in the early 70s, I used to preach to Jack Lousma who was a shuttle commander for two or three missions. He was a nice guy.
Curt Brown, who I think came in third, in Sawbones....I havent had the pleasure of meeting him yet but most of the guys who reach his level
are pretty neat people. There are some who might seem to be arrogant but usually they are just very busy at the races and I dont bother them.
Skip Holm, who flew Dago Red, is the highest time combat pilot in the world.....4,000 combat hours....plus many accomplishments....
Steve Hinton, arguably the best warbird pilot in the world and the only man who is allowed to fly Glacier Girl (I think)) is very kind...
And the one and only Bob Hoover is still very approachable and kind.....
(If you are a beautiful woman, it seems to be very easy to get close to any of these guys, especially Hoot ;)
http://www.rgj.com/article/20120912/EVENTS05/309120181/Shuttle-pilots-Reno-Air-Races-recall-Neil-Armstrong

OP
OP
Coyote Chris

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Sorry, that should be 1,172 combat hours...for some reason my computer wont let me edit the post....

(I did it for you; hope that's all right... Phil)

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Coyote Chris

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Anyone else having problems editing posts? All I get when I push the edit post button is a grey area with nothing in it....
This lady seems to have no problems going anywhere and doing anything in anyone's pit.....Hoot seems to like her, even
after he scored up a piston in 2011...

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Strange... wonder why she's so approachable?

Oh, I'm not having any difficulties in editing my posts... or yours, for that matter!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Coyote Chris

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Strange... wonder why she's so approachable?

Oh, I'm not having any difficulties in editing my posts... or yours, for that matter!
I think my computer is getting squirrly. It wont even work an on line interactive tutorial on my smartphone.
Vista needs to die...I will try a restore point then see if I am smart enough to upgrade to Windows 7.
There seems to be about a hundred different upgrades to two different Windows 7 versions...I need Tim! ;)
Actually, SHE's not too approachable unless you are somebody....then the crew gives her a crew member wristband
and she can go anywhere....even stand around spinning props and take pics.....not even accredited photogs can do that....

tawilke46

Glad you had a safe trip, Chris.
Going to the Reno Air Races has always been something I wanted to do.
All those aircraft are really beautiful! I bet the sounds there are incredible!
I have a cd with the sounds of racing at Reno.........mostly the unlimited's.........engines sound awesome.
Those P-51's really scream.

OP
OP
Coyote Chris

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Glad you had a safe trip, Chris.
Going to the Reno Air Races has always been something I wanted to do.
All those aircraft are really beautiful! I bet the sounds there are incredible!
I have a cd with the sounds of racing at Reno.........mostly the unlimited's.........engines sound awesome.
Those P-51's really scream.
Hey Tim, good to hear from you....I am working on my trip report and pics....should be a good one....you should try and make
the 50th next year....could be the last.....I may have some questions for you about how to upgrade my computer to Win 7.
In return, I could send you a disc of all my pics from 14 Renos....
Here is a pic taken by a real Photog, Rob Miller...I was there....night shoot, Precious Metal, six bladed counter rotating prop, Griffon engine,
Note blue flames....

Top Bottom