Bargain Held Twin Gore Tex 2 in 1

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
My Held Steves Classic gloves are my go to gloves. Very well made. They are made in Hungary and yes Held gloves are very expensive regardless of where they are made.

OP
OP
karl

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
They have an excellent look and feel to them. I am looking forward to getting in some ride time with them.

Bike
2011 NT, 01 Ultra, 04 VLX
A dam shame, another outstanding highly respected name now being outsourced to CHICOM. I had been thinking of buying a pair, but not now,
Eldon

elizilla

It's a pity about the USA distributor. Held Steves are my go-to glove.

OP
OP
karl

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
Finally got some miles on them, still stiff and new but very nice. These are well made, and have a high quality feel to them. Will add more as they get accustomed to me.

OP
OP
karl

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
Weather here has gone from too dang cold to 70deg and wet. The gloves are awesome. My last ride started with ice on the saddle in the morning and ended with some light rain coming home much later in the day from work. Comfortable, warm and dry. The gauntlets are fairly long and have Velcro adjust ability at the cuff with a Velcro retention strap at the heel of your hand. Hard plastic knuckle protector with three mesh vents on the back or it. The palm and inner fingers are precurved and leather with a ceramic slider pad on the heel of the palm.The tops are a mix of leather and cloth with pads on the outer side of the gauntlet and tops of the fingers. Visor wipe on the index finger. Both chambers, Warm and dry with Gore-Tex liner.

I have the glove sitting in front of me as I am typing. There is a lot going on with them. They are a pleasure to pull on with the tab provided. On the bike i have been wearing them mostly with my hands in the dry chamber. That puts two layers of insulation on the top of your hands and works like a charm with heated grips. These are labeled Quattrotempi but I would rate them cool to cold gloves they where still very comfortable at 60 deg.

Have slapped myself for the knee jerk reaction to the country of manufacture. These are a well made, well thought out high quality product that are worth the extra bucks they cost. My plan is to never crash. Should it ever happen, these look like they would provide good protection. So is there a down side to these you ask. Well they pack fairly big and the cost is not insignificant. I am glad to have my pair and will have to see how they hold up with use and time.

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
I don't think your reaction to the Made in China label was knee jerk at all. While the ChiCom's has improved their quality immensely in the past several years, there is still an abundance of crappy products out there. I see this on a daily basis in my store. The key is how diligent the vendor oversees their Chinese suppliers.... some exercise strict oversight, others, not so much.

Mike

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
The key is how diligent the vendor oversees their Chinese suppliers.... some exercise strict oversight, others, not so much.
+1... If the vendor stays fully involved the product quality will remain the same regardless of where it is made. If the vendor fully "outsources" the product, and just puts their name on it, quality will usually suffer...

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
Mike, your last sentence is correct. The company I work for has manufacturing globally. The products coming out of our China facilities ranks at the top and is equal to our US factories. The products are exactly the same and built to the same standards as in the US and we built the manufacturing facility and it is set up and run with American management. Our manufacturing locations in Mexico however are inconsistent.

OP
OP
karl

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
I don't think your reaction to the Made in China label was knee jerk at all. While the ChiCom's has improved their quality immensely in the past several years, there is still an abundance of crappy products out there. I see this on a daily basis in my store. The key is how diligent the vendor oversees their Chinese suppliers.... some exercise strict oversight, others, not so much.

Mike
That holds true for production here in the USA as well...

OP
OP
karl

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
Back years ago I was stationed in Korea and met a gent from Germany that was a clothing buyer for a firm there. Over the years and cocktails I got a lesson on the "rag trade" and how companies hide country of origin and cut costs to boost profits. Sell enough shirts and just a few cents each can make a big difference to the balance sheet.

Everything we humans produce is a compromise. The only option is where.

Top Bottom