Battery Paranoia

OP
OP
Coyote Chris

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Got the gel cell. Charged it. Voltage drop on tester is about a volt less.IMG_20230711_094238295_HDR_copy_1000x750.jpg

OP
OP
Coyote Chris

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Fire power canceled my order due to the fact that I used a PO box so I think I will just stand pat for now and use the "old" battery and check it out again next May. Battery sounds a bit weak in the XT so I will check that out when I get home from WY.

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Not to be the one who bursts your bubble, but the Firepower battery you pictured "appears" to be of Asian origin, not US. It is distributed by WPS (Western Power Sports) which IS based in Boise, but most of their stuff is of Asian manufacture. WPS BTW is one of the largest independent distributors of aftermarket power sports parts in the US.

Mike

OP
OP
Coyote Chris

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Not to be the one who bursts your bubble, but the Firepower battery you pictured "appears" to be of Asian origin, not US. It is distributed by WPS (Western Power Sports) which IS based in Boise, but most of their stuff is of Asian manufacture. WPS BTW is one of the largest independent distributors of aftermarket power sports parts in the US.

Mike
Vietnam, actually. But Chinese goods are washed in Vietnam so who knows? The gel cell is comp,etely unmarkef. Battery and box. Correction. Magnafying glass shows Thailand for GEL cell.
The Made in Japan Yuasa AGM is $150

Last edited:
Top Bottom