Be Aware of Tire Lead-times

Bike
NT700V, NC700X, XL600R
I am in immediate need of a front tire for DIVA. I wanted to get a Bridgestone T31, however seems that they are out of stock everywhere. My local dealer quoted 2-3 weeks before they might be able to get the tire. I looked at other options with very similar results. Online searches are also coming up with out-of-stock on just about every brand. These websites were not quoting any lead times to when they will be available again.

I was fortunate to find a Bridgestone T30 in stock on Revzilla, so I bought it. It also happened to be the last one in stock too.

My local dealer quoted $35 dollars to mount it if I bring in the tire and the wheel removed.

Be aware of this situation and order any tires that you might need weeks in advance, not at the last minute like did this time around.

Bike
2020 Kawasaki Versys
That is another odd thing going on in this strange world today.

Brad

OP
OP
Brillot2000
Bike
NT700V, NC700X, XL600R
As you can see the tire is getting into the “Unsafe Zone”. I’m getting poor handling when lane splitting. Runts, joint seems, and reflectors makes for some interesting riding.

6B7977A8-96D5-4921-A5B9-29AD7EA17FDF.jpeg

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
Several years ago I too got caught in the tire availability dilemma so starting finding/buying a tire and just keeping it "in stock" in my garage! The rear tire on my NT will be the next one to go so my in-stock tire is a Michelin Pilot Road 4. ;)

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
I always have at least one set around. When I put that one on I order another set. The way things have been going that gives me 2-3 years before I need it.. :rofl1:

Bike
1997 Yamaha Seca II
Yep, it's been this way for awhile now. A co-worker and I have been checking on tires for our bikes, his bike is a Honda CB500x. Most places have been out of stock for tires for the bikes for some time. You've just got to keep checking back occasionally. That being said, another place to add to your tire vendor list is American Moto Tire . As he can get some tires when the other vendors are out of stock and his prices are usually a little cheaper too. That's not always the case but it's a good idea to check with him regardless. As for keeping a set of tires on hand, that's a good idea. Especially for me as I have to install a new set every year or so.

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
Prices and availability vary constantly between online tire retailers so it pays to check and not rely on your "favorite place" to come through in a pinch.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Brillot2000
Bike
NT700V, NC700X, XL600R
Prices and availability vary constantly between online tire retailers so it pays to check and not rely on your "favorite place" to come through in a pinch.
I was fortunate that they had a T30 in the correct size available. I have been trying to get a T31 for the front on DIVA for over a year now. At that time, I told the part counter guy to order me a T31, instead, he got me a T30 contrary to my request. It was already on the bike when I noticed.

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
I am in immediate need of a front tire for DIVA. I wanted to get a Bridgestone T31, however seems that they are out of stock everywhere. My local dealer quoted 2-3 weeks before they might be able to get the tire. I looked at other options with very similar results. Online searches are also coming up with out-of-stock on just about every brand. These websites were not quoting any lead times to when they will be available again.

I was fortunate to find a Bridgestone T30 in stock on Revzilla, so I bought it. It also happened to be the last one in stock too.

My local dealer quoted $35 dollars to mount it if I bring in the tire and the wheel removed.

Be aware of this situation and order any tires that you might need weeks in advance, not at the last minute like did this time around.
I was lucky to get the Bridgestone battlaxs for my Wee strom a month ago....mine were made in Japan so the came on one of those container ships that actually got through....to add insult to injury, the dealer took awhile to put them on....now for $50 instead of the old $35, as they are down 40 percent in people who want to work. They are turning away people who want their watercraft winterized....no time since it is now snowmobile season. I wonder if car tires will have issues?

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
Most car tires are made here, even the "furrin names," so over-ground transportation is how they get to a dealer or online retailer.

Last year, I had new Michelins fitted onto my Accord at my local tire store and they had to be delivered from a Michelin warehouse 60+ miles to the south. It only took an additional day or two and my car wasn't immobilized because I just kept driving it until the shop was ready to go. The take-offs were the original tires from the factory and they had rolled 64k miles with approx 6k remaining but I much prefer to go into winter on fresh tires! ;)

Top Bottom