Beaded seat cushion for the NT?

prof98801

Has anyone tried a wood beaded seat cushion with their stock seat on the NT? I am going on a 1500 mile ride in two weeks and my butt needs something else under it. I would rather not pay $500 for a new seat if the beaded seat works. If anyone has done this on their NT or other bike, let me know where you went to get it. I see them online for motorcycles but with a price tag of $60 or so. Thanks.

bish79

I use one from http://www.beadrider.com/ It takes some getting used to as you will feel like you are sliding around on your seat alot, but I find it much more comfortable than without as it allows airflow under your rear and gives a little massage as you ride.

Bike
75 Honda CB360/Buell P3
I am actually on the market for one myself. I have used the ones made for a car seat and can only imagine how great they'd be on a bike in the summer!

I also am not interested in buying a new (reformed) seat. I plan on trimming mine down on my own. Here's a vid on how to do it. My dilemma is that I also want to add a butt warmer to add to the process for the winter rides. And of course deciding wether to buy or make my own beaded seat cover for a custom fitting. I have seen them as cheap as $20 on amazon and RidersWarehouse has them (with good reviews) for $30. They also sell the beads themselves at amazon.

lcseds

I had the original Beadrider on my Suzuki but they faded and looked like crap after a year or so. So I bought the Ultimate version with the synthetic rather than wood beads. I slide all over on that thing. Totally different than the original I had on the cruiser. Some of that is due to seat design also. Anyway, the Beadrider came off the NT pretty quick.
Oh..BTW...I have a Ultimate Beadrider seat available for the NT. $35 shipped in US.

bicyclist

Somebody in our club got a beaded seat for a car, cheap, at WalMart and modded it for his bike.

bish79

Are you sliding around on the beads, or the beads sliding on the seat?
The beadrider stays put quite well on the NT seat, its a pretty good fit. I however, slide around on the beads, I don't think it is too bad, just a little odd feeling at first.

BTW I have the wooden ones.

johnha

I've been using seat beads for about 7 years, usually until I find a seat solution that no longer requires them for the bike I'm riding. They allow for air flow and evaporation. I've never gotten monkey butt using them. Quick and cheap solution to seat issues.

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
I have had a beadrider (wood) on both my NT and the Majesty I had before that. The same set has worked well for three years and wasn't slippery after the first week or so. I found it made a big difference for me on the NT as the seat used to make my butt sweat no matter what the weather.

Top Bottom