BeadRider (brief review)

Bike
Bonneville T120
I'm not sure where to put this, but one of the expressed objectives of the BeadRider seat cover is to keep you cool so I'll put it here.

I obtained my BeadRider this week and put it on the Trophy SE. The air flow does indeed keep your bottom cool, amazing. BeadRider also point out on their website that they will help you keep dry while riding in the rain as you don't sit in pooled water. I haven't checked that out yet but I'm sure I will. As for comfort, it seems to be so but I've not ridden more than 20 miles on it yet. My only criticism is that it is a bit slippery, more so than the seat.

I'll update this in the future when I get more data.

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
Does your weight cause it to sink into the seat so your effective seat height does not change or does it increase your seat height ?

OP
OP
vzshadow
Bike
Bonneville T120
I was extravagant and got the Ultimate, basically because I saw an old wooden BeadRider and didn't like the aged look. Sorry Chris. The beads are quite small, I don't think they're 1/2 inch in diameter, maybe a cm. It made no noticeable difference in the seat height.

OP
OP
vzshadow
Bike
Bonneville T120
I was amazed at how effective the cooling is. I plan to keep in on the seat in the cold weather and take it off when things cool down.

Bike
2011 NT, 01 Ultra, 04 VLX
have the one I used a lot while still driving truck, it is laying here beside me and occassionly I will use it in my desk chair. I carried similar ones made for bike seats years ago. to a cetain extent they did work for me, but I personly prefer to go the custom seat route, BUT if they work for you that is good, lol they are a lot less $$ than the custom seat modification !

Eldon

I use the Beadrider on every bike I've owned even on the RDL and other third party seats and it improves them for me.

We did a 3 week 9,000 km ride out west and back to Canada - used it every day and no aches....took it off for a couple of hours just as a test.....ached within an hour...stayed on the rest of the trip.

The black ceramic 14" works very well and conforms better than on the RDL and Terry Adcox. I'm not sure on distance on the NT whether I will need a third party seat yet. The Beadrider alone might be enough.

I also use mine on desk chair and even airline seat.

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
Whether the Bead Rider adds to the seat height depends a lot on the density of the seat foam.

I have used the conventional wood Beadrider over the summer. It does a good job getting airflow under you and helping you keep cool. The wood Beadrider seems to add about half an inch in height when sitting on it, sounds like the premium one may have smaller beads.

Definitely pulling back off for cold weather riding though.

Good question...think they are the same tho. I cannot carry wooden anything into Australia so ceramic was the ticket...been very durable and prefer the black.
Ceramic may be built a bit stronger due to the weight.

Top Bottom