Bicycle race support, day at 25 MPH

Bike
'10 NT 84 BMW R100RT Ural
At 5 I am off to meet the 'team', for bicycle support for a Triathlon on Sunday. Couple of times a year I get hood-winked to being a support rider for bicycle races. Whole day lost, while you ride to make sure the cars and trucks don't kill those bicycle racers. It is always the same, 4:30 am leave the house on race day, get to the race about 6, and sit and wait for the swimming to end. Then these warriors get on a bicycle for 100 miles before a 26 mile run (yep I think they are nuts). There are usually 2 groups, one full and one half, both men and women groups. It takes a lot of dedication for the participants of the race, so I help out when I can.
I figure it the least I can do to help out once in a while, the bike course usually lasts 4+ hours, and then I am able go riding. Sometimes you even get a meal, shirt and gas money.

Bike
'10 Silver NT700
I'll be riding a human-powered, two-wheeler at the Philadelphia Tri-Rock Sprint-distance triathlon at the end of this month. I'll be leading the frontrunner for the final leg of the event. The next day, I'm looking forward to participating in the Olympic-distance race.

Thank you for volunteering. There's always a shortage, so it's appreciated.

Top Bottom