Big thanks to all....

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Thanks to all that helped me recently.
I soloed the VFR today sans pain after 5 days after surgery, so I put the new battery into the FJR.
Thanks to the person that told me about using the zip tie trick of raising the terminal nut.

a battery.jpg

Thanks to the guy who reccommended the GooLoo jump pack. 5 days after charge it showed 10.5 volts under load......works fine. its great cause there is a little black button on the jump cables you have to press so there is no danger in taking off some plastic from the clamps so you can get it on the battery terminal.....
a gooloo.jpg

Still dont know which bike to take to Spearfish but I am still thinking the VFR....its so light and low and easy to manuver around and fun to ride.....
Thanks for all the encouragement with the operation. I a feeling good and walk alot...light stretching....still shouldnt lift alot but the new regime of alternating Ibuprofen and Tylanol every three hours works great
. Next stop is airfilter on FJR. Two weeks till wheels up!

I'd think the lighter VFR would be better in post-surgery but perhaps the leaned over riding position is not good while you're healing?

By the way, was that fawn that sidled up to you a Japanese female of the species? :rofl1:

VFR “light”?! Compared to what! I always thought they were up there with the ST size/weight category.
Oh no....the ST is a very heavy bike....the FJR is a bit lighter but its still 150-200 lbs heavier than the VFR, including all options. The center of gravity seems to be much lower on the VFR than either the NT or FJR.

The VFR is lighter than the NT. You can compare the NT to the ST (too lazy to look it up)
Curb Weight (Dry Weight)
NT700 569 (530)
VFR 800 516 (459)
BMW 800GTG 470 (440)
Triumph 800GT 470 (426)

VFR “light”?! Compared to what! I always thought they were up there with the ST size/weight category.

Where did you get that impression? VFR wheelbase is between that of a CBR1000rr and the NT. VFRs are heavy in the world of sports bikes. Outweighing most modern liter bikes by 60-80 lbs. Only freight trains like the ZX-14r and Hiyabrosa are heavier. But 500 lbs in the world of touring bikes is nothing.

Last edited:
ST1300 ABS 730 lbs. FJR 643l lbs My Big Versys 566 lbs My V-Strom 650 472 lbs My X300 406 lbs If I can make Spearfish, not sure which bike I will bring either.

ST1300 ABS 730 lbs. FJR 643l lbs My Big Versys 566 lbs My V-Strom 650 472 lbs My X300 406 lbs If I can make Spearfish, not sure which bike I will bring either.
FJR with canyon cages, roll bars, and a stiffy and sliders is a bit heavier, But its the feel of how heavy a bike is at low speeds is what is important to me....Vstrom and VFR feel very light paddling around the garage. NT, no so much.....

Back
Top Bottom