Bikes, tire and other parts

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
I went to my local motorcycle super store and he had a few dirt bikes, lots of quads, and 6 BMWs. They said its not only the chip crisis, which is now being extended...but all sorts of general supply issues. The trucking industry can use 80,000 drivers NOW.
I went on line to get tires for my XT and finally found them in stock on Amazon Bridgestone store at a good price but limitied supply.
Some places like Revzilla were out of my size.
I dont know whats in those 91,000 containers floating off the coast of California but I wonder is some of what is out there is stuff we might need.
My plumber is trying to get me a standard stainless steal Kitchen sink for a 1978 home. Its been a month.....
I have spare tires for my other two bikes.

There are supply problems everywhere you look. My friend (a contractor) tells me that garage doors are 5 - 6 months our. He's been hanging blue tarps for the owners of new houses lately because they won't see a door till spring.

The rear tire on the NT is the next one to need replacement and I already have one waiting, bought 4-5 months ago when I found a good deal on a Pilot Road 4. It currently has approx 8k miles on it and with the onset of colder weather and shorter and less frequent rides, it could last into Mar-Apr of 2022?

The rear on my NC is fairly new so it'll be next year before it gets replaced. Going into the colder weather, I ride the NC a lot less because it lacks good protection from the cold and wet. The rear currently has only 3k miles so it'll be good for much of next year.

Last edited:
There are supply problems everywhere you look. My friend (a contractor) tells me that garage doors are 5 - 6 months our. He's been hanging blue tarps for the owners of new houses lately because they won't see a door till spring.
Not to mention the difficulties in shipping stuff north of the Arctic Circle.

:rolleyes:

Mike

Back
Top Bottom