Boots

prof98801

Was thinking of getting boots with a 2" heel which would give my height of 5'8" better footing on the NT700V when stopping. Wondering if anyone has had any problems with a boot like this with the heel getting in the way when shifting?

Stex

I'm your height and had my seat reworked to remove some of the foam and lower it abit..........worked out very good and much more comfy.

Bike
2014 Black Yamaha Bolt
I used to wear cowboy boots when I rode cruisers and never had a problem. I suppose as long as you don't have a problem getting your toe under the shifter and your other one on the brake most anything comfortable will do.

I just bought my first real pair of motorcycle boots in 40+ years on riding. Wore them for the first time today. They are Tour Master Response Boots. I too have sort legs, a thirty inch inseam and have been a little worried while wearing and trying other boots and shoes on the NT. These boots work fine for me. I wish I had bought them sooner.:)

elizilla

Daytona M-Stars are a waterproof armored boot with a camouflaged extra inch of height. There's a version of this boot without the extra height, which I once owned and liked a lot - it was super comfortable and the waterproofing worked well. I wore them out - they were already close to end of useful life when I walked right through the soles one night when I let myself be coaxed into an impromptu four or five mile hike. It's nice that I could walk that far without a problem, but if I hadn't done it I could probably have gotten a few more months out of those boots. Unfortunately Daytonas are pretty expensive, and not easy to find in the USA. When I went back to buy another pair from the store I bought the first pair from (Motomarket in Acton MA) they only had the height-augmented version in my size. I almost bought them anyway, but decided the boots were too expensive to buy a pair that wasn't quite the model I wanted.

Bike
Bonneville T120
My wife got some Harley Davidson boots this large heels, probably about 2". They look like "combat" boots. They help her move her Burgman around.

CoolNT

Tallmenshoes.com
They appear to have some all weather boots that have approx. 3" height built inside the shoe/sole. On the outside, they look like normal height though.

motorpsych

I am 5'8" and wear Harley Davidson "Harness" style boots with no problem. They have an oil resistant, non-skid sole and 2" inch heel, both of which add to the stability when stopped. Very comfortable on and off the bike.

Igo

I used to wear cowboy boots when I rode cruisers and never had a problem. I suppose as long as you don't have a problem getting your toe under the shifter and your other one on the brake most anything comfortable will do.

I just bought my first real pair of motorcycle boots in 40+ years on riding. Wore them for the first time today. They are Tour Master Response Boots. I too have sort legs, a thirty inch inseam and have been a little worried while wearing and trying other boots and shoes on the NT. These boots work fine for me. I wish I had bought them sooner.:)
I bought the Tour Master Solutions today. They are the same boot as yours but high tops. These are the first none-harley/cruiser type boots I've ever owned.

Raycad

I'm quite frugal and I've $50 Army and Navy Surplus boots with a Gore-Tex membrane, totally waterproof. Yes, they have laces, but the laces are long enough to stay in the eyelets when putting them on and off. They're comfortable for walking too.

Ray

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
Army Boots comfortable for walking? I used the same thing when I first moved here, till I discovered they cooked my feet during the desert summer!
That is why I wear current issue "Jungle Boots", they stay nice and cool in the heat. They aren't waterproof but at least they dry really fast. ;) And having steel toes and steel plates in the soles helps protect your feet...

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
TCX, Jupiter 2 boots with Gore-Tex. The most comfortable boots I have ever worn out of the box. They are light weight, comfortable to walk in and with the Gore-Tex they are reasonably cool and waterproof. They are a short boot which I like for commuting but in the winter sometimes I can feel the cold breeze on my shins at which point I have to switch to a taller boot.

fpavko

Was thinking of getting boots with a 2" heel which would give my height of 5'8" better footing on the NT700V when stopping. Wondering if anyone has had any problems with a boot like this with the heel getting in the way when shifting?
I am thinking about going the same way but will not be getting them until April. I am looking at 3" and have not found anyone who is using them so hope I don't run into problems you are concerned about.

CoolNT

Tallmenshoes.com have some normal looking heels that give you 3"+ height. They have some ankle highs and taller. I'm 5' 8" with a 30" inseam and originally bought a brown pair thinking I'd use it for the NT (originally for a BMW R1200RT). I am finding that with even a light passenger (and I'm light too) I can flat foot. Without a passenger I can flat foot on one side while on the ball on the other. I've gotten used to it and comfortable.

Bike
2014 Black Yamaha Bolt
Yeah Mike those are great boots, that's what I wore as duty boots with the Sheriff's Office and when I first moved down here to the desert. They gave me a pretty good perch on the NT until I bought the Tour Master Response boot. I like the lower height in the heat around here. Bates does make a great boot, I've worn various models for 35 years.

Top Bottom