Braided brake lines for ABS NT ? Will these fit U.S.versions ?

ett

I've searched and did not find a thread already covering this.
Please direct me if a thread already exists.

Since the NT is not a sport bike nor a popular U.S. model in general.
None of the usual manufactures of braided brake lines; Galfer, Spiegler, etc ,,,; appear to make lines for the NT.

Searching the Internet I've managed to come across the following:

HEL Braided Brake Hoses - Honda NTV700 V Deauville ABS (2006-2008)

Anyone know if these braided lines for European model Honda NTV700 V Deauville ABS (2006-2008) will fit a 2010 U.S. ABS model ?

--ET

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
ET, I don't know that those lines will fit a US 2010 ABS model, but I'd be greatly surprised if they don't. The 2010 US bikes came off the same Spanish production lines as the European bikes (although they were the first 2010s down the line) and I can't imagine that Honda changed something like brake lines from the time the NT700 started production in 2006 until it ended in 2014, by which time it was being built in Italy.

It's only (your) money... :rofl1: Why don't you give them a shot?

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
You could go to a UK suppliers Honda parts catalog online and see if the p/n's are the same for a 2006-2008 Deau vs a 2010 ABS Deau. If the p/n's are they same, they should fit.

Mike

OP
OP
ett

ett

Bike
2011 NT700va Black
Let us know how you make out. I would also like to replace the brake lines to braided. Hopefully can be soureced from here in the states. Thanks Thomas.

Bike
Black 2009 NT700
I have always been very happy with the brakes on my NT. Even still on the original brake pads at 90, 000km it stops brilliantly and I can make the front tyre squeal in protest if I want to. It is powerful and progressive with good feel. I have never thought that improvement was necessary.

Macka

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
[...It stops brilliantly and I can make the front tyre squeal in protest if I want to. It is powerful and progressive with good feel. I have never thought that improvement was necessary...]

I am of the same mindset. During an emergency stop, I can bring the front tire right to the edge of squealing. I do drain the old fluid and bleed the system once a year (winter project) and also make sure the pads are good.

Top Bottom