Brainteaser

Missy

Ok peeps,

At my forum, there is a thread that kinda went dead because we ran out of ideas..
Do any of you know the correct full meaning for NT650V.. (i.e. NT -- V)???

Eternal gratitude for the one that knows.. i might even buy you a Starbucks when i'm in the neighbourhood next year !!:wink:

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
You might be forgetting that this is a Japanese bike, produced in Europe. Why would NT stand for anything in english?

horsearcherwannabe

I was under the impression form reading a couple of interviews that NT was for New Technology. The V was to designate the V twin from the parallel twin S model.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Well, the NT isn't exactly new technology -- the NT650V came out in something like '99 or '00. The engine seems to be an evolution of Honda's long-running V-twin, probably not too far off the '84 or '85 Shadow 600 I learned to ride on.

I guess I'd vote for "Narrow Twin" and maybe the V just stands for "V" engine layout. Who knows?

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
Well, the NT isn't exactly new technology -- the NT650V came out in something like '99 or '00. The engine seems to be an evolution of Honda's long-running V-twin, probably not too far off the '84 or '85 Shadow 600 I learned to ride on.

I guess I'd vote for "Narrow Twin" and maybe the V just stands for "V" engine layout. Who knows?
The engine architecture came from the NT650 Honda Hawk GT which came out in 1988. In Europe it was called the Revere. The Revere was replaced by the NTV650 in 1993 which was replaced by the Deuville in 1998. I do not believe the letters have any english translation.

Last edited:

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
I met a fellow in Rockland, ME who has a Trans Alp--same engine as the NT. He has had the bike for quite some time. I would not even try to guess what Honda had in mind. Then again, look at the designations they give cars--LX, LE, GPX, and it goes on. My Suburban is an LT--sure does not stand for "Light"--not with a 6.5L Turbo Diesel. It would be nice if they designated the bike as an ST. That at least means Sport Touring--which is what the bike is.

Top Bottom