Breaking In

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
I guess motorcycling is like everything else, one must ease in after an absence--in my case several hospitalizations, surgeries, and other nonsense. The Shelby is fun, and beats driving a boring cage, but "wind therapy" is hard to beat. I can now do 100 miles before I have to stop and call it a day. I am working on getting to 450 miles non-stop to visit my sister. I used to make that run regularly. I just have to add miles every day. Tomorrow I have a medical appointment at the VA and that's a 100 miler.

It is, I went through the same thing last year, surgeries knocked me out for most of year. Easing back into it this year, maybe try to make the NT rally in 2022. Best of luck to you in your recovery, Bear.

The Shelby is fun, and beats driving a boring cage, but "wind therapy" is hard to beat. I can now do 100 miles before I have to stop and call it a day. I am working on getting to 450 miles non-stop to visit my sister. I used to make that run regularly. I just have to add miles every day. Tomorrow I have a medical appointment at the VA and that's a 100 miler.

đź‘Ť Hang in there and keep adding those miles a bit at a time!

Don't worry about the miles Bear. Focus on the smiles, get a leg over and have fun.

Keep going my friend. And like Karl says, don't worry about miles. Get off at a half tank, walk around, drink some water, and go again. Next stop would be gas and do the same thing. Miles click away pretty quick that way as well. On our tours, I do my best to stop about every hour to hour and 20 minutes. I also Include our gas stops and lunch break accordingly. Ride On !

My bladder determines my break points :censored: . I used to have a 250 mile bladder that perfectly coincided with my fuel stops. Now my bladder hollers at anything more than about 100 miles. Also, I usta be able to "stall" my bladder's urgings a bit until I could find a convenient stopping point, now when it hollers I'd better heed the call!

Mike

My bladder determines my break points :censored: . I used to have a 250 mile bladder that perfectly coincided with my fuel stops. Now my bladder hollers at anything more than about 100 miles. Also, I usta be able to "stall" my bladder's urgings a bit until I could find a convenient stopping point, now when it hollers I'd better heed the call!

Mike
I have an 80 cc prostate so I understand completely. AFter considering "relief" tubes (Frosty wont lead so he is always behind me) and drop tanks, Actually stopping and getting off the bike is not a bad thing.....and naps are good too. Its all about the journey. Getting to the motel or camp ground early isnt a bad thing either. BAck roads are a good thing. Now that I am healed up from my double hernia operation, I am going to get on the bike after Oshkosh and either head east to Cody for three days if the smoke isnt bad or to the WA coastal mountains....Frosty is doing other things so I just will take my time and have fun.....

I have solved the problem! Clutch is flush, throttle is ....well, YOU know....
a clutch.jpg

I see the engine in its normal spot. What is that big gizmo behind her? Is that the flushifier or the bidet option?

Mike

I see the engine in its normal spot. What is that big gizmo behind her? Is that the flushifier or the bidet option?

Mike
Bidet is controled by the throttle...The front brake stops everything NOW. In case the water temp gets too hot (controled by the foot brake)

Back
Top Bottom