California Salvage Title - What A Hassle...

Glad you got her registered. A hassle but you have to take it one step at a time.
I'm sure different states have different rules, some easier than others, but not sure I want to test them out.

Brad

As they, Hide sight is 20/20. That is sure is true for this case.

In addition to the $145 that paid for registration renewal. I had to pay an additional $98 for a bike that already owned. The guy at the DMV said that amount was to cover the title transfer and salvage fees. I was like… :censored:

I can tell you I was not pleased to pay almost $100 for something that I really owned. Do not get me started on the $71 for the Brake and Lamp Inspection. Nothing happened to those systems. More bureaucratic 💩:tp1:… :twocents1:

i suggest you move out of CA before it falls into the ocean at the fault line:rofl1::rofl1::rofl1: your on that side!!

i suggest you move out of CA before it falls into the ocean at the fault line:rofl1::rofl1::rofl1: your on that side!!

50 years ago tomorrow, a major earthquake of a magnitude of 6.5 hit the San Fernando Valley, known as the Sylmar Quake on February 9, 1971.

Then 23 years later, another major earthquake of a magnitude of 6.6 hit the same areal known as the Northridge Quake on January 17, 1994.

I lived out in the Antelope Valley at the time of this quake. Our house shook violently and no drama afterward.

The San Fernando Valley is overdue for another earthquake. I now carry earthquake insurance, so I am better prepared than most of my neighbors.
:shrug2:

The Northridge quake.

But for the gods - literally - I'd have been on that bridge.

That was about the time I started thinking there was more to California life than good weather...

We have a saying here in California, "We have to live with our faults."

There were several freeway bridges collapses, the most famous one was the I-5 to CA-14 interchange. It collapsed once before during the 1971 Sylmar Quake for the first time.

lossy-page1-640px-NOAA_-_NGDC_-_1971_San_Fernando_Earthquake_-_Collapse_of_Newhall_Pass_interchange.tif.jpg

I-5/CA-14 Interchange back in 1971.

01180007.jpg

Same interchange back in 1994.

A little further north of this location.

5c40034a7dc15.image.jpg

I drive on these same freeway sections from time to time. The above images pop into my mind as pass over these areas. Many people have no clue what had happened in these areas in the past 50 years.

I am waiting for the next one. The Ridgecrest Quake was a bit of fun. I moved my entire house's foundation about 1-inch southwest and raised many of the driveway slabs up 3/4 to 1".

I will be posting something for the 50th Anniversary of the Sylmar Quake tomorrow here San Fernando Valley Earthquakes.

:hijacked:

Back
Top Bottom