Camera mount location

Does anyone know whats under the black button in the center of this pic? I'm looking for a place to mount a Go Pro camera.

OP
OP
Cnille
Thanks. I was hoping that's what it was. I like your idea of a platform for my heated gear controller also.

Rob

Bike
2010 Silver NT700V
ditto...i put a ram ball there and mount my gps to it. i think i heated a small screwdriver to push it through, then twisted it out.

Bike
2010 NT700V, 2015 CB500X
Also the threaded hole is a 10mm X 1.25, somewhat less common than the easy-to-find 10mm x1.00 thread size.

elizilla

If that was a bolt it was made of cheese. The cap ripped off and what was left had to be unscrewed, but it was easy to drill a hole into it, jam a screwdriver down the middle, and twist it out.

elizilla

I didn't save the stuff I took out of the hole, but I don't recall a metal bolt under the plastic cap. It was plastic all the way down. My guess was, they put the plastic in the hole while it was still soft, and let it harden in place, because the cap was not designed to be removed.

Bike
2010 NT700V, 2015 CB500X
I didn't save the stuff I took out of the hole, but I don't recall a metal bolt under the plastic cap. It was plastic all the way down. My guess was, they put the plastic in the hole while it was still soft, and let it harden in place, because the cap was not designed to be removed.
Agreed, that's how I remember it, no metal bolt inserted, it was all plastic. I thought it was poured in hot plastic. I may have inserted a hot screwdriver to remove it. I still have a ~2" tall aluminum pedistal with a ball on the end that fits a Garmin GPS installed in the mirror hole. Ended up liking the GPS in the center, so I use the 2" tall aluminum pedistal with a ball to hang my helmet.

If the cap could have been saved, I'd re-insert it. Cap part number 53174-MY5-G30 $0.50. I guess I could spring for a new one.

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
I only remember mine being all plastic as well. I agree with Rick that if it was made to be screwed in or out why not provide something the attach a screw driver to it. I wonder how they install them at the factory.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Charlie, on the NT on that road, I think I'd want to be using the left hand on the clutch. The Goose seems to have a broader torque band.

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
Guzzi's have a wide torque band. Many times I can go through a series of bends without shifting at all where on the NT it takes quite a few changes. Part of that is just the lower power level and displacement of the NT. An extra 150cc makes a lot of difference.

The Guzzi in that video 1) has an 1100 engine with 90-100hp, and 2) is being ridden by one of the smoothest riders not found on a race track. Actually, he does race. On frozen lakes :) He is also one of the higher mileage riders. He has three or four Guzzi's right now with the lowest mileage over 200k. His rat bike has over 400k miles on it. None of that counts the two bikes he has in Europe and a few dirt/ice bikes.

So, a disclaimer. DON'T use a video camera on roads like that! I would not. I'm not that good.

gssurfer

Thanks for that detail, I had originally purchased the wrong thread.

Also the threaded hole is a 10mm X 1.25, somewhat less common than the easy-to-find 10mm x1.00 thread size.

Hello,

I have a low-end camera (cam 808 on Ebay), and I just did a test on leaving my job (Orly Airport, Paris). I put the camera on the left side. She just laid with adhesive paper.

It's funny, and I think do other tests (I must think of adjust the date and time next time ...)

http://vimeo.com/65206469

Last edited:
I mounted a flat plate at that location and attached my heat controller for my vest. The correct bolt is available at Lowe's in the metric bolt section.

skiper

Gwenamax - Hi , you sure do handle the Deauville very well-especially on the sidewalk. Only in a dream could we ride on sidewalk in New York State. Fun to see your vids-it's different..

skiper

It was fun to see Paris commute , liked how the cam mount location changed from previous vid and I thought we were gonna crash when lane sharing began , also liked the Police bikes blasting past at 24:24 , was that a doughnut or croissant kicked up just after they passed ? Maybe the land splitting required two hands so the treat had to go .. :) Thanks for the ride -- be safe and have fun ..

Top Bottom