Cee Bailey windshield crack.

olderthandirt1

Last winter I ordered a Cee Bailey windshield. I followed the instructions to not
over tighten. Yesterday I noticed a 4 inch crack around the bottom attachment.
My guess is pulling the shield up and down requires some wiggling, causing the crack. Cee Bailey's customer rep. told me they have had no problems. 100 dollars to replace.
Anyone else had this problem?

I emailed Cee Bailey about my windshield. This morning I received an email from Ken Faire saying the windshield is full warranted. It's refreshing to do business with
people like this in today's world of "buyer beware."

Last edited by a moderator:

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
Last winter I ordered a Cee Bailey windshield. I followed the instructions to not
over tighten. Yesterday I noticed a 4 inch crack around the bottom attachment.
My guess is pulling the shield up and down requires some wiggling, causing the crack. Cee Bailey's customer rep. told me they have had no problems. 100 dollars to replace.
Anyone else had this problem?

I have not had a problem but I have the 2" over version. I wonder if the airblast against the extra height caused it ? Do you ride with it full up often ?

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
I don't think anything you've done should crack it.

I have a CalSci +5.5" and have abused it quite a bit. Slapping it down while at speed even. Rode in 30-40mph winds, head on and cross, with semi turbulence.

Do you have one of their early screens? They caused a bit of binding.

charlie

I have the Cee Bailey plus 2" older version which does not have the indentions as the Honda OEM shield does. It does in fact have to be mounted carefully and still causes a twisting of the mounts. Last time I looked I have had no problems. For what it is worth CB via phone told me they would replace the older version with a new one which I am told fits the mounting mechanism better. I simply needed to send them the old shield. Never did it because the one I have works so well and I do not adjust the shield up or down at all.

Lorien

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
Lorien is on the right track if you have the "first generation" Cee Bailey which did bind and I would not be a bit surprised if it cracked due to fitment issues. They replaced my first generation at no cost as well so confirm which version you have and call them back. Joe At Cee Bailey was great to work with resolving my issues...

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Wayne, both you and Lorien told me to talk to Joe if my 1st-gen CeeBailey didn't work. I was having trouble with it retracting itself when I drove in strong cross-winds. Turns out I wasn't getting it placed in the "detents" correctly. Since I did that, it hasn't budged in even stronger winds. If it breaks, then I'll talk to Joe.

maupen

I have to report same problem here, and my CB Windshield it's only 4 months old! I sent an email to Chris of CB, I let you know what happen next..

Attachments

Bike
2010 NT700V, 2015 CB500X
If you haven't already read my post in the windshield forum, my CB +2 was constructed out of the wrong thickness of acrylic stock. It should have been .187 inches and it was .15 inches thick. Because of this it couldn't be tightened using existing hardware. So if you have a micrometer, you may want to measure the thickness as that may cause it to be weaker than needed and/or cause additional stress at the mounts.

It's only been a week since I recieved the windshield and CB agreed to send me another windshield of correct thickness.

maupen

I'm still waiting an answer from CB.. I'm in a business travel right now, but I think I can ask my son to measure windshield thickness. John, I'm 6"4, the stock windshield don't work for me, too much buffeting..

maupen

Answer from CB.. great customer service!

Hi,
We are going to send you a direct replacement and it will take about 14 business days to get to you.
Thanks,
Chris Sandoval
Cee Baileys

Top Bottom