charge phone in trunk?

Bike
1999 Kawasaki Concours,
Has anyone added a power outlet to the trunk so we could charge our phones back there without using the cigarette lighter that powers the GPS? I have an auxillary fuse box installed under the seat by the previous owner.
Thanks in advance. Tried the search without success.:confused:

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
Yep. Easy if you don't mine putting a hole in the trunk. I found a dual 2A outlet, I think it was a Belkin, that I screwed down. I connected the power line to the park light circuit. Especially easy if you have a light kit already in your trunk. Sorry, no pictures.

You can also still connect to your phone with a bluetooth headset while it is in the trunk.

Fieroguy

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700
I wired mine into the side case instead of the trunk. I didn't want to have to disconnect the wire when I removed the trunk.

I ran power to my top box for my phone using an SAE two foot cable attached to the battery, then run to the rear of the bike under the seat. From there fed under the Givi case and up through the pop out hole in my Givi case. Put some foam around the cable and connected to the batter tender USB charger. Total cost about 22 bucks, and works great for phones or whatever. Can all be disconnected via the SAE cable in a moment.

Gear used is this:

Battery Tender 081-0158 Black Quick Disconnect Plug with USB Charger $10.64
Luggage Electrix (PAC-022-24) 24" SAE Extension Cable $10.67

That was my solution.

Bike
'10 NT 84 BMW R100RT Ural
External Cell Phone Battery Pack is perfect for charging your cell, some can charge for a week. A small cylindrical can keep your phone charged in your jacket pocket,
(GPS TOMTOM or Garmin for navigation phone lasts longer with out GPS).

Top Bottom