Check points?

Rodder

Hi,
here it goes. First question, apologies my non-native way of typing English.

I found my possible new ride fairly close to my 'hood. Just called the gent, born in -54. His NT has only 4500 'ish miles on her and one break down service done in auth service. Year modell is 2007. First owner has changed oil + filter each spring, no plugs, no shaft trans oils.

How would you perform "A check" if someone of you would like to consider it? Winter storage has gone in warm garage, so thats good. Moisture shouldn't build up in places (fuel system and brake lines) in such storage.

Is there a self check / diagnostics / codes to be read from odo via some button play?

Grateful if commented!

Petri

Here is she;

Rodder,

There's really not much you're going to find wrong with one at that mileage. This one has the most desirable factory options already on it (wind deflectors, undercowl, big lids). If the oil and filter have been changed, it looks good to me. Jump on it! Don't let it get away!

By the way, the diagnostics deal would show up as a flashing MIL light if there were a problem. I don't know how you can check to see if it shown codes in the past, but it can be done. Someone will chime in and tell you how.

Thanks again,
will check it soon.

Asking price and the works, starting to feel good about it. Liking that finish, too.

As long as the owner did oil changes it should be fine. I would ask if he had the 600 mile / 1,000 km valve check and or adjustment performed. If not I would do one soon after purchasing it...

Hi - Beautiful Example , not even broken in yet ( like new ) and the "bronze" paint .. So Excellent .. Good Luck

Like the color.
I would give it a close look for scratches to look for something hidden otherwise ask if the valves were checked to see if they need to be done after your purchase.

Brad

Even though it has low mileage, it is old enough that the brake fluid should be changed. Brake fluid will absorb moisture over time. If I were buying it, I'd change the engine and final drive oil and brake fluid, do a valve check, determine the age of the battery and look it over carefully to be sure that mice hadn't nested in it. Then I'd order a set of tires and ride the heck out of it. By the time the new tires got there, the old ones would be worn out.

I purchased a 2007 model with only 3,000 miles about 2 years ago.

I ended up changing coolant, brake fluid, engine oil and final drive oil as all these items have to be replaced after a certain amount of time OR distance.

I was very glad that I changed the coolant and brake fluid as both of these items were past their used by dates and badly discoloured/contaminated.

Petri,

Welcome!

As has been previously said, Change all fluids, check the tires very closely for cracks/ dertiation and enjoy it. And yes good valve inspection / adjustment would be highly recommended.

You certainly do not need to apologize for your English abilities I doubt seriously if any of us here to my knowledge would do as well in your language.

Eldon

Hi,
apologies for not choosing NT as a mate for my vrod. Seller didn't accept my offer last spring. Bike was in semi-good condition with one maintenance mark, leaked battery acid damage, wobbling steering when easying grip, original fluids in back and brakes.. etc.
Then, I found this gravel shredder, which suits fine actually. Since my asphalt orientated H-D don't, do gravel. Set up is now perfect, something for cruising and one for adventures too. She's got all the panniers and stuff, 2004 Caponord she is. Also V-2, which I do like. Rotax. Quite durable also.

Salutations for a great forum, drive safe!

Petri

Attachments

• IMG_4982.jpg
    IMG_4982.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom