Christmas Ride

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Christmas afternoon was wonderfully mild and sunny so Traveller and I escaped to a 100 mile jaunt thru the countryside. The roads were deserted and delightful! I hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas Day as well!

Mike

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
We had 60 degree temperatures on Christmas. Spent most of the day with some volunteers putting on a Christmas Dinner at the Belfast Soup Kitchen. We fed 60 people and had a really great time. Most of the volunteers were bikers---the ones with the tattoos and Pirate Suits. I can't think of a better group to spend Christmas with. We did manage to get a small ride in during the afternoon.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
We got another 5-6” of snow for our Christmas afternoon and evening. It’ll be a month or so before I’ll be able to ride.

I took about a 150 mile trip out to Lake Crescent from Port Townsend today. It was about 38 degrees, but no ice, no rain and it was just lovely. Perhaps my last ride of the year.

Terry

OP
OP
mikesim

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Our temps have been mild enough, but we have had torrential rains for the past two days.. 4.12" on my rain gauge as I write. A lot of the good riding roads will be flooded.

Mike

Bike
Bonneville T120
Christmas afternoon was wonderfully mild and sunny so Traveller and I escaped to a 100 mile jaunt thru the countryside. The roads were deserted and delightful! I hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas Day as well!

Mike
Good for you. Our awesome Ohio winter weather was still in effect so I did about 100 miles myself. However, reality is right around the corner!

https://goo.gl/maps/VRXH5GSvmfB2

tawilke46

It is a mess in Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri......will be getting to our doordtep this afternoon and overnight. Possible severe weather with this front, but mostly a flood risk. Image below from Storm App at 9:31am this morning.

Attachments

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
Tim, That looks like some pretty spiteful weather. We had 60s on Thursday-Saturday. It felt funny putting my winter wheels on the car with 60 degree temperatures and then going for an MC ride. This morning (Sunday) was not so nice--freezing rain and some very slick roads. The next couple of days are predicted to be somewhat dicey unless the storm decides to swing out to sea just south of us. I guess we will see.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
Almost a foot of rain in the last week and a half has created a mess around here. And now we are looking at another two plus inches before New Years! To heck with motorcycles...I'm looking a PWC like this one!:eek1:

OP
OP
mikesim

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Almost a foot of rain in the last week and a half has created a mess around here. And now we are looking at another two plus inches before New Years! To heck with motorcycles...I'm looking a PWC like this one!:eek1:
Cool looking ride, Wayne, but the lack of a sixth gear and shaft drive would be a deal breaker for me.

:rofl1:

Mike

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
Cool looking ride, Wayne, but the lack of a sixth gear and shaft drive would be a deal breaker for me.
At least you wouldn't need another 20HP with this one...with 310HP translating to almost 1,900 pounds of thrust. :D Hmm, only 310HP? Maybe it does need another 20HP to break the 2k level on thrust! :eek1:

Top Bottom