Clothes to pack for Spearfish

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
BTW, LWCWUS stands for Light weight cold weather underwear set.
ECWCS is extreame cold weather clothing system...
http://www.amazon.com/Brown-Polypropylene-Underwear-Zip-Collar-Shirts/dp/B000E99FJ4/ref=pd_sim_sbs_sg_3
Out of curiosity, I ordered an ECWCS zip top undershirt in Large from Amazon....I like the fleece lined idea...but it wont pack as well as the LWCWUS.
Here is the mil-spec data from the issue ones given to me by my son after his 18 months in Afgahnastan.
This is from a top with the turtleneck and 12 inch zipper ; 8415-01-415-5916 undershirt LWCWUS 100% POLYESTER SPO100-05-0-4/
03/0002, sekri,inc.

As Rick has said they work real well, My set was given to me in 09.

Eldon

Last edited:
Bike
2011 NT, 01 Ultra, 04 VLX
Chris,

Thanks for the translation, very true this set doesn't pack like super tiney, but they do pack smaller than LD Comforts similar set, not their new zippered modle as I have not gotten one of them yet. but the do pack pretty small and I usurally have them with me .

Eldon

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
I am going to be interested in what the ECs feel like.....I like the way Fleece feels and Maybe Rick is on to something in that you can "Push" how warm your sleeping bag will feel by using milspec long johns....
When I get them I will make a report back.
Old dog learning new tricks!

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
OK, I got my "ECWCS" "GI undershirt underwear today. Instead of a GI one promised, I got a Chineese knockoff made by Rothco. I of course wrote them, Army Universe, blasting them for false advertising and bait and switch.
Their own website does not use the term "GI", BTW. They only used that on Amazon. Having said that, the item does work and is fairly well made...it just doesnt have a US contractor and the mil spec numbers....I like the feel of
fleece next to my skin much better than the typical Polypropylene only underwear. The item is also small for the size chart given with the item. I would reccommend you order one size larger than you think you would need. I got a large
which is supposed to be Neck, 16-16.5", Chest 42-44", Waist 36-38, sleeve 35". Mine says Large but it is more like a medium.I saw where someone said the Army is now issueing a Generation III with added layers and will look into this.
I have no problem , BTW, with original contractors doing contract overruns and selling to the public....I have a big problem with companies that advertise "GI" and dont tell you what they are really selling are replicas....

Bike
2011 NT, 01 Ultra, 04 VLX
Iwent to REI a short time back and bought a couple pair of very light weight pants I had difficulty in getting a fit for my odd ball measurement requirements, but ended up with on e pair of pants that I had to have a leg length shortening done and another pair with same leg length tha turned out OK at full price As someone mentioned earlier, they were expensive , the one on the sale rack wa only $40 and change the othe ones I really like were the ruin of a !0.00 bill , but I did use the 20 % discount on them , but this is the first time I have paid that kind on money for anything to wear as far as clothing. I have not used them yet under riding suit to see haow thy will work , but they fold/ roll up very compact which is what I am working on to lighten and shrink my load as far as bulk is concerned.

Top Bottom