Colorado Winter riding.

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
The weather was in the high 60's today so I took Ruby out for a three hour spin. Haven't ridden the FeeJeR since I but the Canyon Cages on her. Will be getting the Bag Protectors Bars on Tuesday.

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL
nice weather and always nice to see the snow top mountains, but not on the road your traveling. makes for good photos

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I've got them Barr, and they work OK. I've got a cheap pair of Gore-Tex gloves I bought at a Harley dealership about 8 years ago that keep me warm and dry unless I ride lots and lots of miles in heavy rain. They usually work fine for me. But, when I need them the Aerostitch glove covers work fine. I've never gotten wet when using them. They do make it hard to use my touchscreen GPS.

OP
OP
Chucksklrst
Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
I've got them Barr, and they work OK. I've got a cheap pair of Gore-Tex gloves I bought at a Harley dealership about 8 years ago that keep me warm and dry unless I ride lots and lots of miles in heavy rain. They usually work fine for me. But, when I need them the Aerostitch glove covers work fine. I've never gotten wet when using them. They do make it hard to use my touchscreen GPS.

Hey Phil. When are you going to pick up your new FJR?:smile:

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
I've kind of gotten over that. My NT is still running well and does all I need it to do. I probably need to get a different rear tire put on it on the off-chance that the weather window after Christmas is open for me to ride to Alabama for the "Last Ride of the Year" in Stockton.

Chuck, are you interested in either: 1) helping me change the rear tire, or 2) riding to Alabama?

Bike
2011 NT, 01 Ultra, 04 VLX
BUT Phil, if you get a FJR you can really extend that have to change rear tire out a long ways:rolleyes:

OP
OP
Chucksklrst
Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
I've kind of gotten over that. My NT is still running well and does all I need it to do. I probably need to get a different rear tire put on it on the off-chance that the weather window after Christmas is open for me to ride to Alabama for the "Last Ride of the Year" in Stockton.

Chuck, are you interested in either: 1) helping me change the rear tire, or 2) riding to Alabama?
Yes I can help you with the rear tire change. No I do not want/cant ride to the east coast in Dec.

Bike
Chuck, did you see how he gracefully ignored my last post about tire? :rofl1:

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Eldon, I hadn't seen your post. But I can ignore it...either gracefully or gracelessly. Take your pick.

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
Does anyone have the aerostich waterproof glove covers? If so, what is your opinion. I am considering purchasing them for myself and my wife.
I have a pair. The only thing I don't like is when putting them on the strap that tightens them on your wrist is a little short and can get pulled out of retainer loop and it's difficult to thread it back in with gloves on.

Bike
Eldon, I hadn't seen your post. But I can ignore it...either gracefully or gracelessly. Take your pick.[/QUOt

LOL! I will wait and see before I do it, 6-8 K to waer out the rearOEM, then will try PR 4. depending on how it wears will determine whether I go dark or not, but that is one feature of the FJR that I do like. The one person I know that ran one had very good luck with it, and I know how well that worked on my wing, so time will tell!

Eldon

Top Bottom