comeback of Moto Guzzi?

Mel

Bike
2010 red NT
I met a fast rider while in Europe some years ago. He was from PA and told me he had two Ducs so I asked "why two? He said, "one is always in the shop so I have a backup." :)

We have two Moto Guzzi dealers in OH. One is in Cincinnati and the other in Wooster, at the complete opposite corner of the state. The store in Wooster has been around for a long, long time because they are a multi-line dealer and carry at least two Japanese brands to help keep the store in business. The store in Cincy is Guzzi-only so it's probably living on borrowed time. :-(
All Seasons, the Guzzi dealer in Wooster, has gone out of business.

OP
OP
DirtFlier

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
Sad but that's the motorcycle biz these days. :-(

I discovered there is also a Guzzi store in Cleveland and also one listed in Stuebenville (at PA border) but it appears to be a repair/accessory only shop to me.

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
I sure do like the looks of that puppy, but one thing that would concern me is the airflow over the engine. A faired water cooled bike is one thing but a faired air cooled bike.... Hmm.

Mike

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
That White body color is what drew me to a Norge initially. The dealer had a Norge, NT700, ST1300 and Concours all sitting together and the Norge looked great just sitting in the line up.

OP
OP
DirtFlier

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
And compared to the well-aged ST13 and Connie, the Norge looked slender and light. :)

RedLdr1 - if you have a Norge, what is the purpose of that large hole about 50 mm above the swingarm pivot that goes all the way through?

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
RedLdr1 - if you have a Norge, what is the purpose of that large hole about 50 mm above the swingarm pivot that goes all the way through?
No, I don't have one.... Every time I get serious about a Italian bike common sense, and the dealership closing, keep me away... :rolleyes:

The CX/GL 500/650 were about as bulletproof as they come. I have had 3 '82 GL500I's and except for the main fuse blowing one day (I jerry-rigged it with a piece of wire until I got home) none of the three ever let me down. The cam chain would stretch and need to be replaced at about 40k miles but was very easy to check and adjust. I never had a stator problem, but others did and it required removing the motor, which took about 30-45 minutes in total. Valve adjustments took about 5 minutes per side.
I made the switch from GL500I to NT700 when I got tired of commuting daily on a nearly 40 year old bike with nearly 100k on the clock. And the carburetors, I dislike carburetors.
Your comment sure brings back memories. I had a 80 CX500 and rode that dude to California from Texas. My first long trip. It only started to give issues after more than 75k on the clock!!

Bike
2) 2010 red NT's
The lack of dealer support would not be a reason to shy me away from a Guzzi. Aside from ordering Guzzi specific parts or the warranty work on my 03 Cali EV, I've never really needed a dealer. However, I do miss stopping by Moto International. The closest BMW dealer from me is 135 miles away, that didn't stop my from buying BMW's. Their V7 series is pretty stinking popular. And the V85 is getting some rave reviews by the folks that own them.

Top Bottom