Communication

I am technically challenged (one reason I have an NT!) and should not wander into a discussion about communicators. That said, at the start of this riding season I got a Sena 20S because that's what my riding buddies were using. My experience was mixed. Works quite well if you only have two people talking to each other, and your speeds are low enough that you don't have too much wind noise. But performance really drops if you have more than two people using at once. Whether you try daisy chaining or a group intercom, reception gets poor and we get a lot of extraneous noise, such a pops and clicks. I expected much better given the price of the 20S. My buddies who are into technology are planning on upgrading to the new Sena model (I think the 30S) in hopes it will work better. I am going to wait and see.

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
Linking two or more riders into a communications chain is fraught with all sorts of problems. I have many riding pals who have Sena units and whenever they want to link with me, my answer is always "NO."

Mine works fine when I'm with Deb and when I'm riding alone I listen to my favorite FM stations and that's all I care about - I don't have to talk to 3 other people on a ride! :)

OP
OP
karl

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
Woodaddict How much are you asking?

Last edited:
Top Bottom