Conti Road Attack 2 Evo

Bike
2010 Maroon NT 700
Does anyone have a set of Conti Road Attack 2 Evo’s on their NT? Thoughts? I only put about 1,500 miles a year on my bike and typically avoid riding in the rain. My local bike shop steered me away from the Michelin’s as they weren’t keen on the way the sipes wear.

Bike
Black 2009 NT700
Does anyone have a set of Conti Road Attack 2 Evo’s on their NT? Thoughts? I only put about 1,500 miles a year on my bike and typically avoid riding in the rain. My local bike shop steered me away from the Michelin’s as they weren’t keen on the way the sipes wear.
I have not used the Contis but I agree that the Michelin sipes do "pucker" a lot resulting in vibration and noise. I have gone away from the PR4s and gone back to Bias Ply tyres as they wear a lot more evenly.

Macka

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I have gone away from the PR4s and gone back to Bias Ply tyres as they wear a lot more evenly.
Macka, which bias-ply tires are you using? When I had my Kawasaki Concours, the Dunlop Elite was my favorite tire and gave me good wear and traction.

I've been reasonably happy with most of the PR4s I've had. One set gave me barely 8,000 miles but the others (3 sets, IIRC) went between 11-14,000 miles with good handling all the way.

I tried a mixed set of Metzlers fairly early on (radial front, bias-ply rear) and that didn't handle very well.

Bike
Black 2009 NT700
Phil, I am using a Michelin Pilot Active 120/70/17 on the front and a Michelin Commander 2 160/70/17 on the rear.
They have done 14,ooo km. The front is about 50% worn and the rear is about 30% worn.
I am very happy with the way they feel on the road at this stage.
It is my belief that the Bias Ply tyres suit the NT very well.

Macka

Last edited:
Bike
NT700V, NC700X, XL600R
I personally do not like the tread pattern on the Conti Road Attack 2 Evos. They claim that they are dual sport tires, the pattern is more of a slick for the street. I have been running Bridgestones T30 EVOs for many years on several of my bikes. I am quite pleased with their traction and wear performance.

I finally got one installed on the rear of NaTalie a couple of months ago. The bike handles as I expect it to.

I found out a while back while at the Long Beach International Motorcycle Show last November that Bridgestone will be releasing the BATTLAX SPORT TOURING T31 to replace the T30 EVOs. They did not mention when they will be released and available to the public.

Last edited:
Top Bottom